good news !

koifarm

Hooligan
Today was a good day....the temps were in the 70's with bright sunny skies and puffy clouds.
I'd been anticipating getting back to riding since I had the RH shoulder replaced and a small tear on the rotater cuff repaired on or about Sept 19th and when finished went into intense twice a week physical therapy to get back the range of motion lost from the osteo arthritis that had attacked that joint.
Up to last week I'd only tried one time to ride and it was still a bit wanky and stiff to be comfortable but it still felt good to be back on the bike.
Last night I was doing my "homework" of exercises and noted there wasn't much pain anymore as I achieved full stretch on the arm and so I decided to take a ride today and just see how it went.
It went fucking great ! Damn, no pain at all in the shoulder ! I had intended to take a short ride but hell's bells it felt so good I passed the halfway mark and blew by the "short route" turnoff and kept going.
It is just such an amazing relief to be whole and pain free again, words just can't describe it adequately enough. There is a smile on my soul that may never be erased again !
So look out world, I'm back in the saddle again....now I'm planning a nice week long jaunt somewhere, probably south to take advantage of the weather and probably near the beaches but nothing definite as long as it's fun...................:sidecar:

mark66

TT Racer
Sweat!! Glad to hear all went well with the ride and your back with that itch to ride again. Throttle Up!!

Hedge

American Infidel
Nice! As you might recall, I had both shoulders done . . . not to mention both Big Knuckles on both feet. Funny we should be on this subject, I just had my left elbow scoped last Wednesday. It kept locking up on me every time I lifted something. I will spare you all the photos because you already have seen my past stuff and this ain't much different. Anyway, 3 days of pain-killers and now I'm on day 2 without any. I took the bike for a farewell ride, down to the gas station to top it off yesterday, before I put her to sleep for the Winter. My ride felt fine also. Glad to hear your on the mend!