Giving Credit When It's Not Due

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I was just on the Triumph website looking to order a nice birthday present for myself. I had the two items that I wanted in the virtual shopping basket: a nice chrome cam cover to add more bling to my creamsicle and a fairly decent set of gloves on clearance for only $20. Pretty good score. Then I went to the check out and had to put in my zip code and select the dealer to complete this transaction???? Why????:chin: According to Triumph's website, I have to complete this portion so that the dealership gets the credit for the sale or I couldn't make the order. Why would I want to do that? Their hours are shit, they are closed on Sundays when I normally have a free moment to do my shopping, they're in a shit part of town and I personally flat out don't care for their quality of business. Now I am forced to give them credit for this transaction and reward their mediocrity??? What kind of horseshit is this? It seems dealerships are drying up and this is the answer? I cancelled the order and will look elsewhere instead. Is my viewpoint kind of distorted or does this seem a little bit screwy to you guys too?

Roger

Street Tracker
I got to agree with you on this. I would have thought those two items, not large items, would be shipped to your address. Basically, you are being forced to deal with a store that you have chosen not to deal with. Credit not due!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
This little shit causes me to worry about the entire brand and dealer support in general. I feel like you always hear many more horror stories about motorcycle dealerships being terrible. Why is it such a problem? I understand profit margins may not be the highest, however, one would think that by providing excellent service you could retain more customers and create loyalty among them to help you survive and thrive. I'm not sure I look forward to where Triumph America is heading.

Mark

750cc
To be fair. You have probably heard of the Triumph offers of free stuff when you buy a bike, eg get a new Bonnie and get $500 worth of gear. The reality is the dealer gives you, say a set of pipes worth $500 and receives back from Triumph a credit for his cost, say $280. He could have sold those pipes and made a profit, it is after all a business, but no, all they get is whatever profit they made on the sale and future service on that bike. Good news bad news.
The people that piss me off are the ones that go try on jackets and once they find the right one order it online to save a few bucks, though this is not related to this post, still bugs me.

strokerlmt

BO6Tang……I am with you as well. I have been in the service industry of and on all my life. IMHO just because you have a dealership and sign for something and perhaps very little parent company support doesn't mean you get freebee's.
You need to earn respect and loyalty. The internet will kill "face to face" relationships, business or personal. Hands on dealerships and businesses are dying a rapidly. And they know it. Nuff said.
LMT

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I actually tried purchasing my birthday present at the dealer but they did not have the cam cover in stock and did not show any particular motivation to get it in stock either. I even went to check one more time last Saturday to see if I could do this (keep in mind Kansas City is an 80 mile drive each way to go to this store). I took the boys to LEGOLAND and stopped by there afterwards. It was 4:00pm on a Saturday afternoon and they were closed. Naturally they are closed Sundays too. Stupid me...I should have known that my recreational shopping needs should center around their hours of operations...but yet somehow they receive the business through the internet orders of an item they either don't have in stock and didn't show much concern of getting it in...sorry but in my book that's bullshit.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I did it by submitting my zip code but probably should just use a St Louis one. Donelson is a good dealership just was wondering if it effected delivery. Baxter is up in Iowa

Dave

Street Tracker
I prefer just going to Donelson to get my parts. However, there are 2 dealers in town for me to choose from. Moto Europa is the trendy boutique style dealer that seems to be the trend now, Donelson is an old school dealer that just about always has parts I need in stock, even for my '69 Daytona

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I prefer just going to Donelson to get my parts. However, there are 2 dealers in town for me to choose from. Moto Europa is the trendy boutique style dealer that seems to be the trend now, Donelson is an old school dealer that just about always has parts I need in stock, even for my '69 Daytona

I always stop in at Donelson whenever I happen to find myself in that "OTHER" city in Missouri...:D

Seriously though, it's one of the good ones. I think they have been there since 1952 (or something like that) and a pretty cool mini-museum too.

Dave

Street Tracker
I always stop in at Donelson whenever I happen to find myself in that "OTHER" city in Missouri...:D

Seriously though, it's one of the good ones. I think they have been there since 1952 (or something like that) and a pretty cool mini-museum too.

now wait a minute, I thought you were already in that "other" Missouri city!