Forward Pegs Done – Lots-o-Pics

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
(editors note: This is a reproduction of a post on that soon to be defunct other Triumph site and represents work that I'm proud of, and is the only unique mod I have done to the bike. I wanted to have it here with me :) and to save it from an uncertain future. Some of you have already seen this (sorry) and may have posted responses when I put it up initially in May)

Forward pegs are now complete and installed.

Here goes…

I wanted to try to tuck these babies in, so I did some experimenting with a broom handle. I liked this spot:
ConvertiPegs01.jpg

I went to work drawing and cutting paper brackets, and finally came up with this plan: drawing linky
The engine mount bracket evolved some in metal.

cont…

Last edited:

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
Had to do a bit of final grinding this morning. (please excuse the messy welds and sloppy paint) Here are the parts:
ConvertiPegs02.jpg

Mounting under way: (edit: just ignore the question mark)
ConvertiPegs03.jpg

Don't forget these:
ConvertiPegs04.jpg

cont…

Last edited:

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
(editors note: I posted this later to clarify a couple of things)

I'll post the pic and describe the kit just a bit:
ConvertiPegs02.jpg

The kit as shown is in its finished form (with the exception of the nuts to secure the pegs to the new brackets) no further welding is required.

from the top:
Bolts to take the place of the (now) missing rear pegs and hold the exhaust to the bike.
The two part bars with welded tabs and peg brackets. These started out as a single bar, but then I realized that once the peg brackets were welded on there was no way the bar would slide into this very tight opening. At that point I modified the design to allow the bars to slip in from each side.
Engine/frame mounting brackets. They extend pretty much straight down from the large mounting hole. I spent more time on these than anything else in the kit, trying to get 'em right. Their shape is very specific to avoid the obstacles in their path. If you look at them closely you can see that I have welded a nut onto each of these.
The small bolts pass through the tabs on the bars and secure them to the mounting brackets. The brackets were designed with the bar alignment half holes to allow the bar to slip onto them. In hindsight since the bars are now in two pieces I probably could have allowed for a complete hole which would have given me better options for securing the bars to the brackets. Not sure about that though, it's pretty tight in there and they are good and sturdy as is.