Flatistan...

koifarm

Hooligan
Woke up early and went for a ride this morning.....fucking freezing out there....69 degrees....brrrrrrr:c

LoVel

Two Stroke
Woke up early and went for a ride this morning.....fucking freezing out there....69 degrees....brrrrrrr:c

I'm betting you had to break out your fucking parka. Oh wait. I'm sure you don't own one. Oh well bundle up and dress in layers.

I grew up just north of St Augustine. I remember those two days a year when mom made us wear long pants.

koifarm

Hooligan
And even today, the temp has leveled out at about 74 so I wore my arctic parka and two pairs of long underwear.....
Hey LoVel, you must have been in Jacksonville, or Bayard but either place is about the same...and you well know the weather during the winters....you just have to pick the good, sunny and warm days to go riding....
Before I moved to Flatistan in
69 I lived in Milwaukee, actually rode a bike all one year, but....hit a patch of ice and went sliding through an intersection on my side.....that was the year I bought a sidecar and used it during the winter months to add some stability on icy roads....however, after that winter, I purchased a truck and drove that instead....after that experience, I would ride the bike as long as the temp was at least 50 deg, outside but even then I can remember coming home and standing in the hot shower for half an hour to warm up....
needless to say im liking it a lot better these days.......

koifarm

Hooligan
Juuuust kidding y'all....on the warm days I have a mesh armored jacket and wear Duluth Trading company tough jeans, boots and helmet and gloves....if it cools off I'll wear a sweatshirt, even cooler a long underwear under the sweatshirt. The nice thing about down here is that even if it's cold at night, by 1pm it's usually warm enough for a couple three hour jaunt.....but remember, when I moved down here I came out of Milwaukee Wisconsin....you know what that's like....and I remember well....
As my dad used to say....give me a sunny warm day, a nice motorcycle to ride and a beautiful sexy woman and you can keep your sunny day and motorcycle..! Dad had an interesting pov.....

Roger

Street Tracker
Weather is screwed here right now. Temps are 0C 32F these days. It's usually around -10C 14F to -20C -4F in January and February. Spring is being a tease. This heat wave is great for working though. November and December were a total bitch with all the snow we got.