Finally got my tank done

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Haha! I do like the idea of writing something rather than a number. I had also thought of a skull and crossbones, but maybe then the uneducated would assume it was a Harley.

kdlutes

Scooter
How about you paint the side covers with chalkboard paint? It's kinda flat-black and then you can change the witty statement each day to fit your mood.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Well the bike is having some work done - by someone other than me! So I have the side covers at the powdercoaters so when it comes back and I put it back together it will look pretty much like this:

bike0blackcopy.jpg

I think I should be able to live with this for a while. :)

klem

Scooter
JimmyR
A couple of questions:
Is your bike EFI, the tank badges appear to be screw on mine is glued!
Headlight brackets what type, where from, How much.
Cheers KKadiddlehoppa
PS The bike is looking good!

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Looks cool I like the coloured covers, be careful not to over do it, as mentioned the headlight bucket may be something to consider blacking out, let the ideas come slowly and don't force them. Give the gaiters a go I was never a big fan then one day I thought I had to have them and I really liked the overall effect they had on my bike.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
The side covers are back from powdercoat - now all I need is my bike. The covers look fantastic. I got the brackets coated too. I also had a chain guard with hole in aluminium so it got coated, so when I get my bike back with a new stater motor it will look the business.

The tank is a new '05 style that came in a custom colour silver and black with gaudy checkerboard striping. It has screw holes for the logos. My bike is actually an '08 with carbs, and it has the bigger tank with plastic logos that are stuck on. I bought the replacement tank so I could keep all the original parts, well, original. The screw holes almost line up with the repro logos. I used the front one as-is and lengthened the screw hole on the rear abut 1cm so it fits.

The headlight brackets are from Japan - webike.com. I think they are made by Daytona. They come in different sizes depending on the fork width. Really good quality.

And Klem I am starting to think you are tight about the black headlight shell. I always intended to do that, and in fact did have a black shell light on there briefly. I think if it goes back on it has to be in the same powdercoat. The reason I took it off was because it was in matt black paint and marked too easily. There were too many different but similar finishes.

Anyway I can't wait to get my bike back - should be by next weekend.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
throw a 13 on there, you know its the right thing to do. bike looks killer bud

i have four number 13 tattoos on me which ive gotten all on differnt friday the 13s