Final ride for my very good friend and brother

strokerlmt

My very good friend, JC, who got me back into riding in 2003 has been fighting prostate cancer for the last three years. He has been on another chemo regiment and had another progress scan.
On Tuesday he found out the cancer has invaded his liver big time. Thursday I went over to his house which is East facing looking at the Santa Lucia coastal mountain range. We sat looking out at the mountains and he told me he has 2 options aggressive chemo and hope for 18 months and have the chemo degrading quality of life or do nothing and manage the pain, have a clear head and enjoy family and friends for the next month's.
I know JC like a brother and knew which option he would chose. He stopped riding 8 months ago and sold his beautifully restored 350 Honda Scram and his VSTROM dual sport.
Since the 1970's I have always, everyday, carried a 1920's pocket watch style compass. Its so "I know my way, never get lost and can see a clear course for me to follow". I had found a similar vintage model and gave it to JC.
John exposed me to the back roads of our beautiful Ca central coast and inner valley areas. One of our favorite spots was Red Rock Canyon state park on the way to Willow Springs April race weekend.
LMT "press on"

Attachments

• Pinnacles 023.jpg
    Pinnacles 023.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Pinnacles 014.jpg
    Pinnacles 014.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5520.jpg
    IMG_5520.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5511.jpg
    IMG_5511.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5497.jpg
    IMG_5497.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5492.jpg
    IMG_5492.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0

D9

Vendor
LMT... heart goes out to your good friend facing the toughest of hard choices...
great photos of what looked like a memorable weekend...
I can see you'll be there for him... whatever the future holds.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Lach...I am truly sorry about your friend and my thoughts/prayers go out to him and his finally. Good on you for standing his side and being strong with him. That makes more of a difference than you could know.

strokerlmt

Thx friends…..JC is a very centered gent who wants no sympathy…he has been through a lotttttt in his life and has handled every hurdle with calm and focus. Thx for your vibes and thoughts, we both believe in positive vibes.
LMT

strokerlmt

JC was lucid and bright on Thursday as we sat and chatted. He had chosen not expose his body to any more chemo or drugs other than something to manage the pain. It was important to him to be as normal as possible for family and friends rather than being ravaged by chemo. He went into renal failure this weekend and "crossed over" to the other side at noon today quietly in no pain with his wife, wife's twin sister and his two grown daughters by his side.
Ride on JC you will be missed……
LMT

rndtaylor1

Scooter
God bless his family, and his friends with the peace JC has now found.
My heart breaks for the surviving loved ones, and rejoices for the man who faced his last days with all of grace and dignity we all aspire to.

D9

Vendor
Damn, that was fast... condolences...
If I'm ever in the same situation, hope I can face
it with the same strength & clarity he did... and
that I have a good friend or two I can lean on...
Godspeed JC.