Exhaust Question

Ssummey

moped
Being relatively new to modern Triumph's. Is there any difference between a TOR muffler for Carb bikes vs EFI. Recently purchased a stock 2003 T100 Bonneville and would like to change out the scraped up stock exhaust. Also what is the general opinion of the TOR's muffler and is anyone holding a clean (not dropped, scrapped or dented) set that may be available. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo10171.jpg
    photo10171.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 0

beemerrich

Street Tracker
I believe all the cans are the same across the entire range for T100s...which is the same as the 2001-2008 standard Bonneville as well. The Bonnies changed to the mag wheel version in 2009, but the T100 has soldiered on in its original configuration.

While the EFI bikes had larger diameter headers immediately after the head connection, they necked back down to the original diameter where the can attaches; hence, my belief that they are all interchangeable.

Welcome to the fold.

Regards,

--Rich

Ssummey

moped
Rich, thanks for the help. Picked up a used set of TOR'S, re-jetted and installed a k&n filter in preparation to pull out the air box baffle. Good start so far. Thanks for the help.

Scott

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Scott,

Some of the basic changes to the airbox and exhaust will really start to wake up your bike...enough to feel it from the saddle and put a smile on your face. Not sure how you ride, but I found the early bike's rev limiter setting of 7,200 rpms to be a real damper on the fun, ending the party way too soon...especially after making upgrades that allow the bike to charge up to the limiter quicker. A common change is to have your ignitor rev limiter raised to somewhere north of 8,000 rpms...or fit an aftermarket ignitor with that feature (along with a few more degrees of ignition advance). Personally, I run an 8,500 rpm rev limit - which has been demonstrated over the years to be perfectly fine for these bikes...keeps me from constantly bumping up on the limiter when I'm feeling frisky.

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers,

--Rich