Email Notification?

MattRat

TT Racer
Hey Jim -
I have selected "No email notification" under options

"Default Thread Subscription ModeWhen you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode: "

but I am still getting a bunch of emails at the end of the day. any way to stop this?

Hedge

American Infidel
It's a little weird Matt, I'm getting emails for threads I started and emails for threads I have posted to. What I want is email notifications for any new posts to any threads I'm currently subscribed to, only.

UraniumC

Banned
Hey Jim -
I have selected "No email notification" under options

"Default Thread Subscription ModeWhen you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode: "

but I am still getting a bunch of emails at the end of the day. any way to stop this?

I have the same problem, Matt....

I've gone to "edit options" and slected "no email noifications" but i still get them. Teething pains of a new site I hope will get worked out.

I have the same problem, Matt....

I've gone to "edit options" and slected "no email noifications" but i still get them. Teething pains of a new site I hope will get worked out.

Same here. I selected "no email notifications", but I am still getting them. Now, I can no longer select "settings & options" in the User CP, as it is grayed out.

rgbadmin

NBR Owner
Staff member
I did make one change to the email settings (enabled locking), let me know if that helps. I wouldn't really expect it to help with "no email notification" setting.

If it's set to no email, you should not get any email period. You man need to make sure your default setting for subscriptions is setup to be no notifications as well.

If you could forward me one of the emails you get with when you have notification turned off, I'd like to see it...
webmaster at new bonneville riders dot com.
thanks

The_Dog33

Scooter
I get the same thing and was about to ask the same questions. I don't mind Email but I don't want the notifications of posts.

rgbadmin

NBR Owner
Staff member
I think you guys have some threads that are still subscribed, with notifications.

I have tested this with every setting, and it works as it should.

Remember, in user CP there are default options for what happens when you reply to a thread. if you have not changed those default options, when you reply to a thread, you are enabling messages to be sent. -- also where the reply to post button is, you can change these settings on a per thread basis.