EBay return

drlapo

Hooligan
I bought a lightweight cover for my Tiger on eBay.
I'm taking a ride through the mid Atlantic and southern states next month
I wanted a light waterproof cover for the trip
The cover I received is not remotely waterproof.
I told the seller that I wish to return the cover.
He has asked for a photo or video of the defect.
How do I get a photo of the cover not being waterproof?:ride:

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Does the sale agreement require you to do this? I would first try to return it for no reason at all... you shouldn't have to give a reason. Amazon will take an item return with no questions asked... why can't eBay?

drlapo

Hooligan
They have sent me the same reply 3 times; send photo of the defect.
I've sent the photo twice.
Is it time to file a dispute?
Negative feedback?

whyme

TT Racer
file a dispute. Got burned a few times on counterfeit junk crap from overseas. Latest scam is they have a US address for eBay but the item still comes from overseas. Look for poor English in the item description..I then run the other way

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Cut to the chase and file the dispute. BTDT and its the only way to get resolution from a non-communicative seller.

drlapo

Hooligan
file a dispute. Got burned a few times on counterfeit junk crap from overseas. Latest scam is they have a US address for eBay but the item still comes from overseas. Look for poor English in the item description..I then run the other way

That's what has happened here.
Seller gave me a 75% refund and I won't return the cover.
I can use it indoors as a dust cover.
I still have to get a cover for the trip.
The seller will not get positive feedback on this one

whyme

TT Racer
yeah they suck...they are probably still making money at 25% because its sucky junk. Some time ago I was buying hard to find Honda parts on eBay that were coming from Vietnam and Thailand. All crap counterfeit stuff. A few parts were about 10% smaller than the original parts.

EBay has turned into a crappy flea market and Amazon is right behind them with the amount of counterfeit items they are letting on now.

As for foreign sales - I've only purchased items from England and Ireland, without ever having a issue. Can't say the same about some American companies I've dealt with on ebay or Amazon. Not sure if it's because I am a Amazon Prime Member, but returns have been very easy. As for ebay, I always use PayPal. Their "Buyer Protection Program" has come through for me a few times. If you have a issue, whatever it may be, you're able to file a dispute. No need to take pic's, regardless. If it's not what you expected, that is a choice from PayPal's drop-down box of reasons why for your dispute. With that said, I usually start out with a email stating my issue directly to the Seller. If they play games or I feel I'm being ignored, I head straight to PayPal. Start with messages via PayPal. Once you've done this, PayPal automatically freezes the money they sent to the seller. I had one seller (whose names matches this forum) play games with me - until I escalated the issue. Once doing this, PayPal steps in, reviews the conversations between you and the seller and then refunds your money. It's for this reason as well as the fact your bank debit card(s) and or credit card(s) info is kept private. I'll defend utilizing PayPal anytime, anywhere, it's accepted.

owenbrau

moped
I avoid buying from overseas, particularly China or other Asian vendors, as much because of the delay in getting things but also the quality and/or counterfeit issues.