Dunlop roadsmart

New tires for my thruxton, front 110/80 , back 150/70 on stock rim. Testride
about 300 miles on road and they are nice tires. Going on track next week for more testing.
DSC00730_redigerad.jpg

:) Hey Thruxtoneric, can you give us a bit more on these Dunlops ...like how they feel, are they reasonably shore footed, conering etc when you scrub them in please man....I'm very interested not only in the tyre itself but also how the rear goes for its size on the standard rim.

Thanks heaps mate.....

Cheers...:cool:

I have not been able to test the tires any more because of bad weather and lots of rain, don't like driving in rain. Maybe I can go to the track on Friday.
I am comparing this tire with P Sport Demon 110/80 and 140/80 and as I said in my first post it feels better in every way, maybe a little slower in cornering but riding on roads every day it is no issue. Track-riding is different but I think the tire will do well there to. Fitting to stock-rim no problem. I will come back and report when I have been on the track.

Here is a little update on the Dunlops. Finally made it to the tracks on Friday to have a little fun. It was dry and about 15*C and the dunlops are really good, maybe a little soft rubber on the sides so on a hot day they will not last long I believe. I could not lean all the way because my Zards hit the ground in rights and my side stand in the lefts so I still have chicken stripes,
about 1cm in back. Have to work on that in the winter.
Erich

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
I live in one of the driest parts of the UK, but of course it still rains a lot here. I'd only do a quarter of the riding I do if I tried to avoid the rain.

Any problems going up two sizes on your rear tyre? I'm thinking of doing that at my next change, but with Metzler Tourances.

No problems at all, these tyres are very good, best I ever had but I do not know anything about riding in wet or how long they will last. Here a pic after yesterdays ride on the track:
DSC00758.jpg

Is the front tire size correct?
I can only find these sizes for the front:
120/60ZR17 55W BW 31RS-40 3.50 22.91 4.61 6/32 480 @ 42
120/70ZR17 58W BW 31RS-75 3.50 23.62 4.65 6/32 520 @ 42
120/70ZR18 59W BW 31RS-77 3.50 24.74 4.61 6/32 536 @ 42

David

PieMan

Two Stroke
I agree Enrich, they are excellent tyres. I have the 160/60 and 120/60 on my Bonnie with F3 wheels and they stick really well in the dry and for information they are good in the wet also.

erich
Do you have a link for the Zards you have fitted? A mate is after a pair for his Thruxton. But I can only find the zards that sit high near the sidecover. Side pic of yr bike would also be appreciated.