Dumbass

hankmarx

750cc
I love to ride my bike, I should clean it more often, and go over it more often, but on the whole i just like to ride. So i have been having this ''chuffing" noise, i thought I just needed some rtv and i didn't even really look at it. I knew I couldn't ride for 24 hours after I did it, so i have been putting it off. Today was the day, and I discovered why it was puffing. So is getting the pipe rewelded and rechromed more economical than another pipe? Can you buy just the left? This probably occurred during a low speed lowside in gravel months ago, Maybe it started small and grew , but i am such a dumbass for letting this go for this long.

We're not even gonna talk about the chain tension.

Attachments

• pipe 1.jpg
    pipe 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pipe 2.jpg
    pipe 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0

hankmarx

750cc
British Customs, and their stainless, and now I think a custom truck hitch place is going to do the work on Monday.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
British Customs, and their stainless, and now I think a custom truck hitch place is going to do the work on Monday.

It's the left side, correct? I still have my left can from when I low-sided last spring, the right can was buggered by my foot. PM me if you'd rather buy a good used piece instead of fixing what you have.

If you need someone to weld it PM me, I have a good dude that used to work at the South Austin Speed Shop. That pipe is stainless and will have to be TIG'd.

it is not chromed, it's polished stainless.

I have a spare left side Predator you're welcome to, but it has a small crack in the same place, not nearly as big a gap as yours though. I called BC and they sent me a new one free, no questions asked. You outta try calling/emailing them.

hankmarx

750cc
Thank you, Mike, Jeff, I will try to call British Customs today or tomorrow. Dude, and thank you, sir, if it doesn't work out I will ask about that pipe.

Now I am looking at 2 new sprockets and a chain. Are those EK chains worth the money?

Bonafide

NBR founder
You bet mang.

I, personally, have zero experience with EK stuff. I've always opted to use a DID. Never any issues with them.

hankmarx

750cc
Right on, Jeff. I think I will get the sprockets from brent, but the chain from Powersports. A gold Did for 115. I was just looking at chain tools as well, and I would love to borrow yours, their damn expensive.

no prob. Let me know when you're ready for the chain tool. I'll be through Austin soon I'm sure, and if not soon enough then I'll mail it to you.