Dominator mufflers?

drlapo

Hooligan
I need to change the mufflers on my 05 Thruxton. I'm running EPCOs now. they look great, fit well but are too loud for me.
I'm considering Dominator touring mufflers but they sure are not cheap
has anyone here tried them?

qwenzel

Two Stroke
I need to change the mufflers on my 05 Thruxton. I'm running EPCOs now. they look great, fit well but are too loud for me.

I've had Dom Touring on both of my T100's and like them. I also had Dunstall replicas, stockers and D+D's, only the Dom's worked for me. They are quiet at idle but loud enough when on the gas to know they are there.

I came from OEMs to Predators and now on the Dominator Tourings.

The Dominators are definately more quiet than the Predators. When I had the Predators--even wearing earplugs---I still felt it was too loud.

Having the Dominators on there its more quiet and has some bark to it.

The only thing I dont like is that the db killer makes it impossible to insert a sniffer in the tailpipe for when I want to do a dyno tune for my bike.

I have a 2007 Bonnie.

drlapo

Hooligan
I bought them and they're too loud for me.
the bike runs great with 135 mains and 42 pilots and they fit well but I wish they were a few db quieter

bonZa

Street Tracker
I'm running Dominator Tourers and am in two minds with them. they look good, are well made, but I dont like the sound at idle and mid range as are bit too raspy, would have preferred a deeper more mellow tone.
but at WOT they sound awesome

have tried experimenting with mini muffler inserts but that didnt deepen the tone so have since removed them, plus also plugged the cross piece and that made it sound a bit lumpy but found the throttle a little snatchy so removed the plug

having heard Bonnevilles and Thruxtons with staintunes now prefer their sound

am running TTP breathe with baffle removed, 140 mains and 40 pilots 3.5 turns out

Last edited:

Motley

750cc
I'm running Dominator Tourers and am in two minds with them. they look good, are well made, but I dont like the sound at idle and mid range as are bit too raspy, would have preferred a deeper more mellow tone.
but at WOT they sound awesome

have tried experimenting with mini muffler inserts but that didnt deepen the tone so have since removed them, plus also plugged the cross piece and that made it sound a bit lumpy but found the throttle a little snatchy so removed the plug

having heard Bonnevilles and Thruxtons with staintunes now prefer their sound

am running TTP breathe with baffle removed, 140 mains and 40 pilots 3.5 turns out

I love the Staintune mufflers on my Thrux, as do many others, but damn, they are expensive.

Mar-Vel

moped

Hi....Iv only just had the time to surf this forum (which I love by the way) DRLAPO I just read your post . I have for sale an almost new set of Dominator touring slip on's with less than 500k on them , the only reason I'm selling them Is cus I'm going with the black out look . If your still interested email me .

[email protected] for price and pics.