Daytona 200 ?

DandyDoug

750cc
Who watched it today ?? ( besides me )

Caught it on my lap top on FANSCHOICE TV.com

Only recognized a few names in the field, John Ashmead was recognized for having won in 1989 and today was his 33 start !! :cheers:

Mike Barnes won it by almost 12 seconds today , after a red flag when he was also leading. He only had a few challengers all day and deserves a huge ATTA BOY IMHO for his ride, and grace mentioning riders we lost over the last several years in the awards ceremony.

I may not be able to ride again , but I am still a big fan of road racing.:ride:

DandyDoug

750cc
I read about Eslick's problem with the police. Knowing a little about him and his personality I am not all that surprised by his behavior.

Scott Russel was never one of my favorite riders, he also behaved badly in public and was not much of an ambassador for the sport. One year in Daytona, he was shooting his mouth off in a bar and got his butt kicked so badly he was unable to compete in the race.

All this kind of stuff is part of the reason motorcycling in general continues to struggle to be accepted by many in the main stream I think.

When you add in all the infighting between the sanctioning bodies of the sport, and the big $$ involved . It's no wonder to me that we cannot get any decent regular TV coverage of the sport.

I also think that when the factories got involved and the rules got so complicated the racing suffered.

I'll always be a fan anyway though.

DandyDoug

750cc
Ahmen to that !!

I am a charter life member of the AMA , but a few years ago I became so disgusted with their antics I wrote and requested they drop my name from the active rolls.