Cypher 1 ignition relo bracket

D9

Vendor
Working prototype of the Cypher 1 ignition relo bracket... as with the Cypher II mini tach bracket, indicator housing & backer still being fine-tuned...

contact [email protected]

satin_cypher_ign1.jpg

satin_cypher_ign2.jpg

satin_cypher_ign3.jpg

satin_cypher_ign4.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Side view of mounted prototype and another view from above... indicator housing will hide the indicator lamp wiring & rubber booties

satin_cypher_ign_side1.jpg

satin_cypher_ign5.jpg

Last edited:

ricky

Street Tracker
d9bracket.jpg

Can you make this bracket without putting those holes in?
See where I have circled in white.
I'm thinking of having something engraved in that spot.

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
5Bass...

Final pricing still TBD... just won't know until I have the first three units
done... then I can see what I've done, where I've been & where I'm headed :D

In terms of some kind of cost projections, easily as many strokes re labor & materials in the Cypher brackets as the OEMDG ignition relo bracket.

The Cypher II mini tacho bracket is more complicated than the ignition relo version as it'll include a custom can for the mini tacho, so it's gonna be more than the ignition relo version...

As ever... I do my best to keep everything reasonably priced, & hope to continue to be able to do that and keep making stuff...

Cheers,

D9

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Your killing me D9, I NEED your product on my bike (06' Thruxton). Guess I need to figure out if I want to do the mini speedo and tach or the stock speedo w/ small tach, would these work on my Thrux w/ stock clip ons? Again, your are a craftsman!:worthy:

D9

Vendor
buckstoy - my bad.... have not yet fitted this or the Cypher II bracket (with the small tach) to the stock thrux... just no time to do it yet, too many projects on too many burners...but hopefully soon. Clearance on either side
of the bracket should be fine, clearance to back of headlamp will be the
biggest concern... may have to put a slight angle on it to fit, or use
a tightly contoured spacer similar to the one used on the latest Thrux lay-flat proto...

thruxlayflat01.jpg

...just not sure yet. Either way, probably would need to flip the thrux's headlight brackets for a little bit of added clearance.

Reading your post, one thought I've had about fitting a Cypher II to a thrux is to actually flip the bracket, and use a small speedo on the left, leaving the stock thrux tacho on the right... perhaps rotated
to indicate 7500K at 12 o'clock. I have several Cypher II's almost done although I don't have a thrux tacho, I'll see if I can get a pic up today to show what I'm thinking about...

As far as I know, the dual mini gauge classic bracket fits a stock thrux - however, there's only one I've ever actually seen fitted , I believe it's the second pic in this album http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/album.php?albumid=34 (photo courtesy of Terry Whitehurst, Murrieta CA)
and it's a very early model. The newer version of this bracket uses the same contour but has cover plates on the ears to hide the resettable trip odo speed slot... should be two pics of it in that album, finished black. Can build the bracket with or without the speed slot & cover plates, depending on
whether the owner prefers a speedo with a resettable trip odo or not...

DavidC - thanks - lets hope it finds a new home before long... need $ for
Christmas :D

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Reading your post, one thought I've had about fitting a Cypher II to a thrux is to actually flip the bracket, and use a small speedo on the left, leaving the stock thrux tacho on the right... perhaps rotated
to indicate 7500K at 12 o'clock. I have several Cypher II's almost done although I don't have a thrux tacho, I'll see if I can get a pic up today to show what I'm thinking about...

Hadn't thought about that arrangement, but it may make more sense than the other way around, the stock tach does seem to do the job whereas the stock speedo can only be used as a vague reference!

D9

Vendor
buckstoy -

Could build it either way... just would need to plan for it... the three units I'm working on already are set up for OEM tach on right, faces are tooled, indicator housings and backers already machined & painted... but not a bit more work to run one flipped, as long as I started with that orientation from the get-go...

DavidC

Rocker
Your killing me D9, I NEED your product on my bike (06' Thruxton). Guess I need to figure out if I want to do the mini speedo and tach or the stock speedo w/ small tach, would these work on my Thrux w/ stock clip ons? Again, your are a craftsman!:worthy:

Guess you need to look at a bunch of photos, take off your gauges and stare at the bike, etc. I dig the low look on the front end, and after tooling around with the mini speedometer for 500 miles, a quick glance at it tells me easily what I need to know. In that regard, the mini is as effective as the OEM.

Your craftmanship is truly inspiring. I was looking for a central ignition switch utilising the standard Thruxton gauges and idiots lights if possible.

Do you have something like this Seth?