Customs Charges - REALLY cross with myself

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
Just bought some BC Predators for my Thruxton. Am completely in love with them. HOWEVER, and really cross with myself.

I'm based in the UK. I looked at the British Customs site in the US and did the currency conversion and even with delivery charges from there they were £413 in total. Here they are £505 with delivery included.

So I thought that I was doing the clever thing by buying them from the US!

No.

The postal service here held on to them until I paid customs charges of £110!

So now they have cost me from the US £523!

Now, that is only £18 more, so you could say that although I've learnt my lesson, it wasn't too much.

But the even more annoying thing is they took 12 days to arrive when I could have had them within 3 days here!

Grr... anyway, note to self, take customs tax in to account in future. It's just annoying because I thought I was being canny.

Roger

Street Tracker
A-MAZ-ING...

TOTALLY Different bark / growl to the Arrow, and back to authentic looking twin pipes!

Glad to hear that. I have never heard any of the exhausts that I might be interested in. Now I know, the Arrow is out. I have to decide between the Predators or the Norman Hyde Togas now. I actually prefer the look of the Togas. I thought the TEC exhausts were a good option until I was set straight on their origin.

Roger

Street Tracker
HOT DAMN! These are on ebay right now:

Item: 120924758862
US $250.00
Approximately £152.25

jeuc.jpg

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
If you like the look of the TOGAs, they don't have the same aural quality of the Predators, but they are MUCH cheaper. What would nmake you happier, cheaper and in your opinion better looks, or more expensive and louder / racier sound?

Only on bike or car forums would you find people agonising over an exhaust!!

Roger

Street Tracker
From what I gather, the Predators do not have removable baffles. The Togas have two different baffles. This is what I am looking for, the option to change out baffles. I will take your word for it that the Predators just sound better but I don't want the bike to be too loud. With the original exhausts on my T100, just removing the little Kazoo out of the end pipe made a noticable difference. Still, too quiet but much better. I think there are enough options out there to give your bike a distinct sound. I am looking at the Togas first and might consider the Predators. All depends on availability and shipping to Canada. That customs thing is pissing me off when it comes to UPS or FedEx. I don't know yet, whether or not the USPS will ship something that weighs about 40 lbs.

Roger

Street Tracker
No you didn't miss anything. It was a poke at some of the crap vendors are putting out there... seriously!