Compatible with Dart Flyscreen

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Hi Seth,

Can I use the dart flyscreen with the layflat bracket I bought from you? Any known conflicts or modifications necessary?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sal

ivar

TT Racer
Sal,
here's a pic of my bike, std layflat w/ thermos cups, thrux headlight brackets , dart screen.
Earlier had stock headlight brackets, with those I had trouble keeping the headlight/dart screen stay put so then I just let the screen rest against the instruments.
P1000474.JPG

D9

Vendor
Sal... I ran with a Dart flyscreen briefly & a standard lay flat bracket - no fitment issues. Was not
happy with the flyscreen though... very nice product, but produced way more helmet buffeting
than going naked... the Triumph fly screen did the same thing... I kept cutting it
back experimenting, but always found the air flow smoother overall without a screen.
M-bars and rearsets helped the naked setup even more.

Ivar... nice cups! The flipped-thrux fork ears look good too!

Couple of pics... different bracket but Dart fitment should be about the same (photos courtesy of Paul S):

D92.jpg

D95.jpg

Last edited:

Norvel

Two Stroke
D9...

Did you make the idiot light/ignition key panel for the SE in the pic above?

I have a 09' SE and really like that set up

ivar

TT Racer
Ivar... nice cups! The flipped-thrux fork ears look good too!

Thanks,
I'm thinking with those fork ears,
if one really wanted to go low on bars etc, one could use shorter spacer brackets too, to get less gap between cups and headlight.

In the pic I run superbars w/ 1" spacers under the clamps, my back don't want to go too low.

D9

Vendor
Ivar - would losing the spacers under the bracket on your setup result
in the indicator lamps being obscured by the handlebar clamp...?
Wondering... also seems as if maybe the thrux fork ears move the headlamp outward slightly...
either way, looks like there's room to experiment... ;) Can send you shorter spacers also if need be...

ivar

TT Racer
with the 1" spacerJim spacers I have, I'd think lowering the bracket by using shorter spacers will start to obscure the lamps. I'll look into it when time permits and snap a pic from my point of view.

Was not happy with the flyscreen though... very nice product, but produced way more helmet buffeting than going naked... the Triumph fly screen did the same thing... I kept cutting it back experimenting, but always found the air flow smoother overall without a screen.
I do not experience buffeting, but then I also usually ride with a Bagster tankbag when going longer distances. However, the windblast hits the underside of my helmet, generating a lot of noise. So, earplugs are mandatory for me on longer trips.

Flaco

750cc
Well, I am always pleased on what others do to thier bikes and I would like to share what I have done to my ride...
Inexpensive BellaCorse polished headlight brackets...
Fabbed up some short 1-1/4" 12mm diameter SS stalks to replace the fugly long Lucas stems... (two wide and skinny looking)
Of course a D9 Lay Flat Single...
Oil Lamp drilled in the top steering stem nut...
A little spit and polish...
Would a set up like or similar work for a fly screen with the adjustment posibility of this option?
Just a thought...
I like to think through the options when I mod...
Retro Flaco...
Oh yeah, I have my home made handle bar 1-1/4" spacers and agree with Seth on Flyscreens and Windshields...
Helmet and ear plugs for sure...

Attachments

• DSCF0403.jpg
    DSCF0403.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0397.jpg
    DSCF0397.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0409.jpg
    DSCF0409.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0411.jpg
    DSCF0411.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Nice pics Flaco... bike looks great... one of a kind... well done!
Oil light in stem nut ... too cool :D

Last edited: