Cheap Mod, Shuold I or Shouldn't I?

5bassman

Two Stroke
Picked these old Triumph clamps up the other day and thought they might be good to hide the single wall part of my pipes. What do ya think? Yes or No? You won't hurt my feelings!

IMG_8708.jpg

IMG_8706.jpg

IMG_8707.jpg

Last edited:

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
I like em - a guy up at maggie valley had a set on his bike from an old BSA or something - they looked good.

TeeBee

scooter
Well, as you already have double-walled pipes on you might as well. But I wouldn't bother with either.

Greetings,
Thor

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
I think your bike looks great the way it is Bass. It's difficult to see what they look like so close up, but my feeling is that your bike says 'quality' whereas the clamps - as I see them in those close ups - don't match that degree of high quality.

5bassman

Two Stroke
I think your bike looks great the way it is Bass. It's difficult to see what they look like so close up, but my feeling is that your bike says 'quality' whereas the clamps - as I see them in those close ups - don't match that degree of high quality.

Thanks! And I agree with Gonzo. After the HIGH TEMP silver bubbled off, I bought some BBQ black and will paint them today. I put up another picture afterwards.

D9

Vendor
Jeff,

IMO... they look undersized - way too petite for the surrounding components.

There's someone making larger more agressive looking fins that fit the new Bonneville... just can't think of who it is right now...

If you look at pics of the classic triumphs, that'll give an idea of what
I'm talking about as far these being right-sized on the bike... here's something
I grabbed off a google search:

Triumph-Bonneville-T120R-70.jpg

Cheers,

D9

5bassman

Two Stroke
I see what your talking about. I've seen different sizes for the same size motor, not sure why. I don't think I can get much bigger because of the motor fins. I'll get some fresh pics up later today of them painted black.

D9

Vendor
Jeff,

What's the OD on these? Got a neighbor who just put a set of these
on a ratty 69 bonnie bobber he's working on.... might ask him where he got 'em

Cheers,

D9

5bassman

Two Stroke
Jeff,

What's the OD on these? Got a neighbor who just put a set of these
on a ratty 69 bonnie bobber he's working on.... might ask him where he got 'em

Cheers,

D9
I'll have to check. I got them of Ebay real cheap.

5bassman

Two Stroke
Ok, put some better pictures up with them painted black. Replaced original pictures on the first page.

koifarm

Hooligan
pipe clamps

Those look pretty small, I much prefer the larger ones from years ago as in the pictures in the posts....I always had em on my bikes, it was one of the few things you could do in those days, there weren't many aftermarket suppliers back then.
But, if you like em, keep em on....they do add some looks to the engine....
Bill

5bassman

Two Stroke
Well, I have next to nothing in them and they're for looks only but if they were bigger I would have to mount them further from the engine due to them hitting the engine.