Cb 175

I just trucked this lil' guy home. It isn't mine though. It's been in a friend's family since it was new in 1972 and has been sitting 15-20 years give or take. I'm going to get it running, pretend it isni't running for a few weeks while I ride it, then hand it back over to them.

One monkey fuckin' a football pic, coming up!

jeffcb175.jpg

The brakes and clutch seem to at least function but the throttle cables and/or carbs are totally seized up. The gas tank is pretty rusty on the inside too. The carbs certainly need a rebuild, some new fuel lines, etc etc and it should be a runner. More to come!

D9

Vendor
Right on dude - good score!

But ya can't hold a candle to Kylie, even with that helmet ;)

IMG_9026.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Seth. It looks much rougher in person than it does in the above pic. Everything that's chrome (was chrome?) is covered in rust. Here's a detail shot my brother took:

rustycb.jpg

Nick Morey

Rocker
Cool. That's a nifty little fun machine there, something for bombing around town on. Brings back memories.

rustycb.jpg

Edit: Ouch! About all you can do with that is paint where possible.

Last edited:
If it were mine, I'd either sandblast and paint the fenders, or buy some new aluminum fenders for it and polish 'em up. I'd also 86 the stock tail light and turn signals, and a few other things. I'm not sure what she wants me to do with the bike (I'm spending her money, btw) so I need to make up a little budget for it. After all, it's only a little 175 so it's really not worth going all out on, IMO. I'll probably just get it running, get the brakes up to par, and hand it back to her.

Nick Morey

Rocker
It's a CL [scrambler].

You are exactly right, steve, the CB didn't have the upswept exhaust. SL was the enduro style, CL "scrambler" or inbetween dirt/road bike (high exhaust), CB strictly roadbike (low exhaust)...

CB 175:

honda07051101.jpg

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Looks pretty cool, that rust is ouch though, might be able to do some sanding and just prime and paint it. Hell yea I'm sure it'd take me longer than expected as well if i were fixing it. . .you know electrical gremlins and all, must take it on extensive road tests.

klink

Two Stroke
I'd have to go with CB also as the bracket used to hold the exhaust looks fabricated. Nice score. I can see a cafe bike there.

strokerlmt

SM....that is going to be a fun project. I have always had a soft spot for the 70's 125-350's....brings back old memories. Keep us up to date with progress pics....thx
LMT

phil

Street Tracker
Cool. That's a nifty little fun machine there, something for bombing around town on. Brings back memories.

rustycb.jpg

Edit: Ouch! About all you can do with that is paint where possible.

depending on how deep the pits are you can refinish the chrome , it take a lil work and patience , but it worth it. cheers! nice bike.

depending on how deep the pits are you can refinish the chrome , it take a lil work and patience , but it worth it. cheers! nice bike.

maybe, but I ain't payin' for that shit and I doubt the owner wants to either. My "fix" will be to sandblast and spray paint, or not.

T-boy

Rocker
I just trucked this lil' guy home. It isn't mine though. It's been in a friend's family since it was new in 1972 and has been sitting 15-20 years give or take. I'm going to get it running, pretend it isni't running for a few weeks while I ride it, then hand it back over to them.

One monkey fuckin' a football pic, coming up!

jeffcb175.jpg

I didn't know they made a Pocket Rocket back in '72. Ouch!