Cars -- SFW

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Hey gang! Any of you near Franklin, TN? I'm selling my car and getting a new ride... and one of the ones on my shortlist is in that town. Before I jump on the bike and head down for a test drive, I was wondering if any of y'all (a) live nearby and/or (b) would be willing to check it out on my behalf? You know, test drive, look at the frame, eyeball the interior, try all the switches, etc.

If willing/interested, PM me, please!

Also, if interested in buying a nice low mileage Infiniti G35x with ALL the trimmings, let me know!!!

Cheers!

-- BlueJ

By the way... here's what I'm thinking of getting. Comments??

Attachments

• 5878968729_4bdd8301d1_b.jpg
    5878968729_4bdd8301d1_b.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5878970327_068cc44437_b.jpg
    5878970327_068cc44437_b.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
  • 5878981757_5b82d0675c_b.jpg
    5878981757_5b82d0675c_b.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 5879538672_d20e713433_b.jpg
    5879538672_d20e713433_b.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Oh that's just my cell phone cam - the whole thing is pretty pristine. One little chip at the very front of the hood. What concerns you? I could send the full size pic (or at least a part of it).

Thanks!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
OH THAT!

LOL. Bird poop. They didn't know I was coming so it wasn't freshly washed. The dealer did say they'd get that off for me, lol.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
That car is a 2001 Mercedes SLK320 6 speed. Drives like crazy. It's bright as can be Midlife Crisis/Fuck Me Red. :)

The one in the photos has 52K miles, and is local to me. There's an identical one in Chi-town with only 28K miles, $2500 more, not counting delivery charge. And the Chi-town dealer is pushing HARD for me to commit. Decisions decisions.

Our very own Hedge went down the road in CT today to test out a super bright green with two-tone gray interior '06 Saab convertible (black cloth top) for me (also a manual trans). He said it was super clean....

The car in TN is an '06 BMW 325, in a lovelly bronze with brown interior and black cloth top.

What I WANT is to win the freaking lottery so I can have them all - the Benz for those "fuck all y'all" days, the Saab for the "yeah I'm different, so what?" days, and the beemer when I need to pretend to be a professional. :)

And of course I haven't sold the G yet so the 'Lass is gonna give me major crap no matter what I do. Anyone want to buy an Infiniti????

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Hahaha!! Yeah thats some description - the "Fuck Me /Mid Life Crisis " car.... so apt on many levels.... I like the car but its a bit too conspicuous for my tastes.
The Red Baron.....for sure

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Love the Merc convertable. Love the spoiler on the back that looks just like a pair of sunglasses. You Yanks, so innovative!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
That spoiler is in the pic because I know what color my shades are... so I can correct later in photoshop and then I know I got the MLCFM Red right.

Still torn. Hedge used to roll in a Merc SL500, which back in the day was my cream car. So he says to me "where I'm from, that baby SLK 320 is like a car you buy your mistress or maybe your daughter for high school graduation, but it's not a man's car."

Daddy??

Kirkus51

Hooligan
When I was shopping around. I looked at a Benz convertable. About ten years older, but what a car! had all the "modern" bells and whistles about ten years before any body else. I balked on buying it cuz my Sis in Law had a friend who had parked her Benz cuz it needed a brake job and it was 2K to do it.

I still kinda regret not pulling the trigger on that car. I would have looked good in baby blue.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
When I was shopping around. I looked at a Benz convertable. About ten years older, but what a car! had all the "modern" bells and whistles about ten years before any body else. I balked on buying it cuz my Sis in Law had a friend who had parked her Benz cuz it needed a brake job and it was 2K to do it.

I still kinda regret not pulling the trigger on that car. I would have looked good in baby blue.

Have I got a deal for you, in blue!!! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0058_20.jpg
    DSC_0058_20.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Here's the other front runner. Thanks to Hedge for checking it out in person!!

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Fugly color if you ask me... Saab is just about out of business ... stopped paying workers and suppliers and are trying to sell their factory for cash flow.. time to stick a fork in Saab. Thanks GM.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Color is a personal thing, so I'm not worried about that. This is the guy with blue hair, remember?

And the factory thing... well I'm not looking at a new one, so this one has already been built. And any parts that there are going to be, are already out there, no? It's like saying that a Saturn suddenly turned into a bad car just because the building they built it in got torn down. Or for that matter a CB550 Four. Sure, Honda is still in business, but Honda the company of today has nothing to do with the value of one of those!

:)

cafenoir900

VENDOR
ok, I'll play...

Here's the '96 Jag XJS 4.0 I6 convertible. Yeah, I know, they have their quirks, but you can't own one and be afraid of it. Got it for 9K with less than 60,000 miles. Think about it... a 15 year old car for the cost of a crappy used Toyota. Not everything works all the time, but Jaguar have always done a great job balancing ride and handling, and with all those dead cows and trees on the inside, it just makes you feel like a prince every time you get into it (whether it works or not). The car has legs, too. Drove it home to PA from MS and had an uneventful blast. Mechanics tend to see you coming and assume you can be fleeced, so you have to be able to do your own work (about 4 hours to adjust the parking brake!). I would never recommend one to a friend, and never buy a new one, but they are a great deal for a used car, if you understand the caveats. Bottom line: an orgasm on four wheels, great when its good, but comes with a cost. Just like a few women I've known.

Attachments

• roger.jpg
    roger.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Bottom line: an orgasm on four wheels, great when its good, but comes with a cost. Just like a few women I've known.

Oh, you've known a Tammy too, or Sissy, or Teresa, or Crystal, or........