Can't access from home computer

derby boy

Two Stroke
I can log on to the site from my work computer, but I still can't get to the site with my home computer. It gives my a "time out site not found". I use netzero as my ISP and I can access "any" other sites. Does anyone have a clue why or what setting is stopping me from getting to the site from home?
I like this site but I'm limited to what I can do from work. Is it a dial-up thing?

rgbadmin

NBR Owner
Staff member
as I have emailed you several times, this has NOTHING to do with this site. I even asked you to send me screen shots, and you never replied.

it's something with your computer.

* moved to comments section *

derby boy

Two Stroke
I'm not saying it's something wrong with your site. I'm sure it is some obscure setting on my computer. I was just asking the members if they had experienced this and could help me. As for the screen shot, when I get home tonight I will try and capture it and e-mail it to you.
Geeze take a xanax.

rgbadmin

NBR Owner
Staff member
If I need to take a xanex, I don't believe I'll be able to help you.

All I said Is I've tried to help you already, and you weren't interested enough in my help to email a reply.

You asked for help, I replied, but you didn't answer, you still ask for help. do you see how annoying this is ?

derby boy

Two Stroke
It's been a while since my login problem. I still can't login from home and I visit the site from work during breaks.
I talked to our I.T. and they feel that because I have slow-ass dial-up at home it is causing your site to kick me out because NBR's site has a time-out setting. My dial-up is not getting information to your site quick enough and the server drops me to get the next in line. I don't know much about puter's and this sounds plausable to me. Not much I can do for faster internet (rural area). I don't know if there is a time-out setting on your server that can be extended.
I know, not much help, but thought I'd relay what I know.

rgbadmin

NBR Owner
Staff member
Sorry, there is no retry setting I can change on the server. And I know several people that connect using dial-up.

I still think this is some software or issue on your PC, not necessarily an actual connection issue.

type this into a dos window, and post back the results...
tracert www.newbonnevilleriders.com

derby boy

Two Stroke
Problem fixed

There was a setting in my Netzero compression software that was preventing me from getting thru to the sight. Apparently your site was the only one that was affected. Don't know the details, my step son works for microsoft and he found it. If any one else has this problem, PM me and I will get the details.