brake pads

drlapo

Hooligan
is anyone using sintered metal pads?
like EBC double H or SBS HS?

how is the initial bite?
overall feel?
rotor wear?

Installed EBC HH pads on front brake of mag wheeled Bonnie about 2000 miles ago in an attempt to increase braking performance and feel. Surprisingly discovered the stock Triumph pads were HH rated after I had removed them. I have only noticed a very slight performance boost since the change. After owning bikes like my former Speed Triple, my opinion is that the 2-pot brake caliper is the problem. My 955 Tiger had the same front caliper as our Bonnies and suffered with the same issue. The stock caliper is ok, although still lacking in feel, only until the bike is ridden hard in the twisty mountain roads I typically ride.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
When I ran the stock caliper I ran the EBC HH Pads which seemed a little better, the EPHH pads with the upgraded caliper and rotor are much nicer :)

drlapo

Hooligan
the brake pads on the 800 Tiger, 675 Daytona and Street Triple are also HH rated
at least they should not damage the rotor

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I did not like the feel of the EBC double H pads preferring the feel of the OEM pads that they replaced on my Thruxton. I felt that there was no real bite and you had to really squeeze hard just to get a feeling of actually stopping, it felt like you coasted to a stop as if there was no clamping force. My Disc were clean and rest of the braking system is in good operating order. I disliked them so much I ended up replacing them after only about 1200klm with Ferrado premiums, much softer pad but good feel.

Braking HH pads, best I have tried yet!

I may have to give them a shot!!! I tried navigating their site and its pretty damn tough. Would you happen to have a part #? My EBC HH pads are getting close to worn and I was curious about what set to try next. This may be it

rodhotter

Scooter
the newer bonnies also have braided brake lines. ferado sintered pads are my fav that will be the replacement when the stockers go, i just installed the EBC floating rotor on my magged bonnie its much lighter for sure!!

Braking also makes a wave floating rotor for the Bonnevilles.

Has anyone felt improved braking performance with the EBC (or any other brand) floating rotor installed?

dschief

750cc
Direct from the website. Just click on the "Catalogue" link, and select Triumph, 865, Thruxton, and your year.

PAD SINTERED

716CM55
DETTAGLI / DETAILS

Pad's Height 38,90
Pad's Width 102,10
Pad's Thickness 8,10
Compound SINTERED
Height 38,90
Width 102,10
Thickness 8,10
PREZZO / PRICE Euro 30,90
US Dollar 43.90