BonnieBlack in Wisconsin

BonnieBlack

Scooter
I shall join you all if you don't mind. I have a 2008 Bonnie Black and my wife let's me ride her '09 Bonnie Black sometimes as well. Pictures are at http://newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/album.php?albumid=153.

I'm a cheapskate at heart (I'm a New England Yankee so I come by it honestly) so my mods so far are what I can do cheaply. So I have some oil drain plugs where my AI stuff used to be. Not as pretty as New Bonneville's AU removal kit, but see, I like the cheap stuff.

I got a great deal on some TORS so I put those on, pulled the snorkel and put in a Polaris Bellmouth and a Uni foam filter. I think I'm running 125 mains right now and one shim, but I think I'm rich. I shall deal with that again in the spring.

I have bar end mirrors which I like lot's better than the stock mirrors. I got a deal on some nice eyebrow badges. I found screw holes under my '08's plastic badge so all was well and I have those now. Much, much better.

D9 is putting a bracket and bucket for an after-market 2.39" tach I have in the mail tomorrow, it'll be nice to have a tach. And I have a Cibie headlamp sitting in my shop and some bright bulbs and am planning on re-doing most of my front-end lighting. And maybe my rear-end lighting if I can do it cheap.

I'm planning on doing my 12,000 mile valve adjustments this winter. That pushes the edge of my mechanical abilities, but how will I get better if I don't push that edge?

I ride the alphabet roads of rural Wisconsin. Not sure the riding gets much better than around here. I think riding is a mostly solitary deal, or just me and the wife, and is about the occasional stops as much as the ride some days. I wear a helmet and never drink while riding. Although I enjoy drinking heavily afterwards.

I have 2 kids, 9 and 12. I'm president of the school board. So feel free to give me grief, I'm used to it now.

I like martini's more than I should. And I'm very wordy. These two facts may be related.

Sept%2013%202009%20070.JPG

Hope you all will have me! :)

Welcome, from a displaced Badger, now in Northern California. Have to say, grew up in WI and lived there through university... and don't know where Fountain City is! (Will google it). I'm from Wausau area, originally. A Bonnie black or Thrux is my next bike... Ride On!

BonnieBlack

Scooter
Have to say, grew up in WI and lived there through university... and don't know where Fountain City is!

It's on the Mississippi 30 minutes north of La Crosse, right across from Winona, MN. It's pretty small, but not any smaller than most of the river towns around here.

On the Minnesota side it seems once you climb out of the river valley you get onto flat land pretty quick. But on the Wisconsin side the rolling land goes forever. Some crops, some pasture and plenty of wooded land. Deer are the biggest concern, and you can never tell when there will be gravel kicked up on the road on the back roads I prefer.

fender

Street Tracker
Welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite. You've got some great riding in that area. The western part of the state is my favorite to get to whenever I have the chance.