Bonafide's CBs vs Newbonnies

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Here is am watching the short video of the Custom Brigs & Stratton and there's more videos of Bonafide's stable of bikes. I sort of lust after an old CB and here's a couple on video that look & sound pretty good.

Now here's the question I have to ask you Bonafide. What's the difference in performance between the old CB and the NewBonnies? And if you absolutely had to give up a bike or two in your stable which one would go last?

Bonafide

NBR founder
Now here's the question I have to ask you Bonafide. What's the difference in performance between the old CB and the NewBonnies? And if you absolutely had to give up a bike or two in your stable which one would go last?

I'll answer the last question first; My wife's Bonnie Black (cafe'd) would probably be the last one to leave the garage. ;)

Otherwise ... I dunno. I've seen so many nice ones come and go. If I ever finish the one that's in parts in my garage right now and it turns out as nice as it is in my mind .. that one.

The new Bonnies vs the CBs? The Bonnies handle better, have more TQ, and stop better. Start easier, parts are plentiful, and the are EASY to ride. The CBs .. they're 35 yrs old. Even if you put new parts on them - unless you upgrade the parts with new technology, then it's still 35 yr old stuff. Like comparing a 1969 Camaro to a new one.

BUT .. the nostalgia of riding an old bike like a CB is an emotional experience. No comparison. The new Bonnies make a strong attempt to hit that mark .. and it's close .. but, each bike has a different 'feel' about it.

roadie

Scooter
I just bought a cafe'd CB350 with a bunch of race mods (big bore, carbs, etc ) from a local vintage racer. Cheap like borscht, can't wait to ride it and compare it to my modded 2006 Thruxton.
Its getting a thorough going over at the garage right now before I pick it up next week, will report back.