bar control issue

strokerlmt

I have new bit well bars on the bike which I like but the stock controls look way out of place. I haven't done any research on after markets that suit our bikes. Anyone have some experience chaining over to something ONE inch. Thx
LMT

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Lach - Periodically I have gotten annoyed with my stock hand controls, especially when running a custom harness and M-unit (that was a good bad idea as it turns out). I have researched, though about it and looked some more for years now. What I really want is the look of cable hand controls... So I looked into running a remote MC in or behind the headlight bucket. I got stuck in how to mount said beast and keep it simple, reliable, and small enough to fit... anyway I still can't find options I really like for hand controls. Joker, Ness and the other harley shops have hand controls, but I'm with you I don't want bling. In truth it is the damn giant clunky looking switching that really annoys me... guess if I want that look I should just buy a proper vintage bike. None of this is really helpful other than to say I feel your pain... best of luck and let us know if you find something.

strokerlmt

2Mon….thx so much ….I hear you….I am looking and looking and if I find something I will pass it along.
Best
LMT

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Lach,

Any chance you'd be open to shimming the risers and fitting 7/8th inch bars? Opens up a lot of options for cleaner, simple control sets...

Regards,

--Rich

strokerlmt

Lach,

Any chance you'd be open to shimming the risers and fitting 7/8th inch bars? Opens up a lot of options for cleaner, simple control sets...

Regards,

--Rich

Thx Rick…..looks like I am heading that way…….

2monkeys……did you see the the behind the headlight electrics box I installed on the Viper Red thread? perhaps for the MC unit ????

LMT