Another new member from Ontario, Canada Eh?

Socketman66

Scooter
I just dropped a down payment on a 2014 Thruxton this past weekend. Got a pretty good deal as they were clearing out last year's stock to make room for the 2015's.

It's been great reading through everyone's comments on the forum, and looking at the pictures of your machines. Once the bloody snow disappears, I'll post a picture of my new pride and joy.

This is my first road bike that I've owned in 25 years that is actually road worthy. I switched to dirt bikes for many years and then didn't have any bikes at all for a while (I know...that's just wrong!:screwy:). I have 4 other "project" bikes all from the 70's that keep me puttering in the garage, but I figured it was time to get back onto the road.

The Thrux is the perfect modern machine in my eyes. Three of my old bikes are slated for the café treatment, but the new Thrux has all the retro looks and I don't have to put a drip pan under it, or work on it for an hour after every ride. :)

I'm looking forward to participating on the forum more in the future, but for now, I'll pretty much be a lurker as I absorb all of the information.

Cheers from Canada.
Socketman66:canada:

Socketman66

Scooter
Hey Seth.

Thanks for the welcome. I was checking out your brackets for the clocks. You do some great work. I think I'll wait a year or so to see how the Thrux works, but I'll keep you in mind if I move the key up top.

Cheers.
Gary

Socketman66

Scooter
Couldn't have said it better, especially after this past weekend! Breaking a February record for cold that's stood since the 1930's isn't helping my mental state much at all.