Another Bonneville

OU man

moped
I will be picking up my first Bonneville on Saturday, weather permitting. I have to make a 200 mile round trip to bring it home, all on motorcycles. Tough, but someone has to do it! :D

OU man

moped
Well, THAT didn't happen. I took one look at it and thought ' Naaaah '.Oh well, back to the drawing board. The trouble is, my Tiger 800xc is such a good machine, and mine is in really good condition. Trade-in prices do not reflect condition, in my experience, just make more profit for the dealer. My journey there was mainly M25 (London orbital motorway [freeway]) and I had to do a lot of filtering, which was a pain (mainly in my clutch hand). Mind you, I think I would still be sitting there if I had gone in a car! I think I must look nearer to home in future.

drlapo

Hooligan
I'm loving my new Thruxton. I rode 300 miles the first day I owned it
I'm keeping my Tiger 800 too.
I understand that there are some people who own only one motorcycle; OH the humanity!

OU man

moped
I own two driapo; The other one is an old Kawasaki zx6r which I need to get back on the road and then sell. I think I'll get a test ride on the Triumph 800xrx. I suspect that is probably the best 'do it all' motorcycle there is. The 800xc is a very fine machine, though a bit tall even for my 5' 11". Triumph have raised the bar with the new Tigers by all accounts. I test rode the Tiger Sport when it first came out, but I didn't like it as much as the 800, and I suspect that I still wouldn't be too impressed by the latest incarnation either. Shame about the Bonneville; When it came to the reality of swapping, I just couldn't do it. I think I could only really own one as a second bike, and I have no room in my garage at present. As you say 'Oh the humanity' ! :)