America Aluminum/spoke wheel Compatability

ThruxNJ

Two Stroke
A friend picked up a set of spoked rims from a 2005 America to replace his aluminum rims on his 2007 America. He seems to believe that the rear sprocket, disc and cush drive from his wheels may not be compatible with the aforementioned spoked wheels.

The seller said they'll work as he did the opposite but does anyone know for sure if this is truly the case? We're also wondering if the front hub config on his aluminum wheels are the same as the spoked wheels.

We haven't pulled the wheels off the bike yet but we're just wondering if anyone else has tried this.

zmilin

Street Tracker
Shouldn't be a problem. Over on BA.com there have been quite a few people that have swapped in both directions with no reported issues.

Gregger

moped
I swapped my 03 America spoked front and rear rims with the chrome late model aluminum ones. No problem. Plug and play.

Gregger

moped
I presume this would also be true of the Speedmaster?

The Speedmasters before 2011 (I think) had dual front discs. The Americas had single fron. The America Chrome wheel kit wouldn't fit on the Speedy unless you remove one of the discs. 2011 and later have different front wheels. The America has a 16 inch and the Speedy a 19 inch. They all have single discs after 2011 though. All previous models had 18 inch wheels.

Rears are all interchangable.