Aluminum Speedo & tach cups for OEM gauges

D9

Vendor
With a bunch of new brackets in development, it was time to
do my own cups... prototype pics below.

Similar to the mini gauge cups I already do, these will be spun aluminum, +/- .06 wall... they'll be slightly shallower than the stock cups with somewhat more pronounced taper and a plain bottom with a bit more radius than the OEM plastic units...

Originally was just going to use these for the new brackets, now also considering offering them straight off the spinning lathe for those interested in doing their own drilling, slotting, finishing, polishing or powdercoating, etc, as well as completely finished out. Probably 30-45 days out on the first production units... cost TBD...

cup_proto1.jpg

cup_proto2.jpg

cup_proto3.jpg

cup_proto4.jpg

Cheers,

D9

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Tee Bee... sure are... email me at [email protected] for all the
greasy details... they also look good painted black if you like the old school Bonnie gauges... either way, an improvement over the plastic of the OEM cups...

Last edited:

klink

Two Stroke
Got mine and installed today, all I can say is WOW. Pics coming soon. Thanks to D9 for excellent customer service, packaging and product.

Took me about 15 minutes to install and I did it without removing the headlight or gauge bracket. The only thing I added was to fab some little grommets to place between D9's supplied spacers and the stock acorn styled nuts so there would be no metal to metal contact. I also removed the inside washers. These cups tightened everything up plus gave me a little more room for headlight cleaning etc.

Last edited:

klink

Two Stroke
D9 Aluminum cups in chrome

Thanks Seth for going the extra. They are nice.

Attachments

• 100_0029.jpg
    100_0029.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0

klink

Two Stroke
Hi klink, what's that windshield you got installed on your bike??? Doesn't look bad at all...

Thanks.....story behind it goes like this. Before there was Dart we really didn't have any choices for windscreens. Long ago when they raced the Bonnies they used to put a screen on the front and called it a flyscreen. Well I had a Harley windshield lying around so I cut a template like those flyscreens of yesteryear, applied it to the windshield and turned into a Dremel pro and cut it out. Fabbed up some brackets out of aluminum stock, measured twice to drill once, cut some decor washers out of aluminum stock, cut some rubber grommets out of tire tube and put it all together with those plastic license plate bolts. Works like a champ and maybe cost me 20 bucks.

Seth: didn't intend to thread rob here. Apologies

Last edited:

Ondrej

moped
thanx klink... I'd prefer to send you PM, but the systems doesn't let me do that...

Anyway, I like the idea of cutting it out myself... I tried to google out some of those windshields, but all I get are the Dart or some aluminium race shields... Any idea where to get more info on this??? I assume you don't have the template scanned or taken picture of... Picture with dimensions would be absolutely enough...

Thanx a lot
Ondrej

D9

Vendor
Ryan - sure - raw aluminum carefully worked over with a scotchbrite pad will do it.

D9

Vendor
Polished aluminum cups vs chrome cups... they do look different... polished alloy "whiter" in tone, IMO more vintage looking, visually "softer" due in part to being less optically clear.

Polished aluminum
polished_cups1.jpg

Chrome
chromespeedocup.jpg

Chrome
chrometachcup.jpg