Advice and ideas

strokerlmt

When I get a littleeee ahead I would like to take an older Triumph sport bike and strip the fairings off, change the tank etc. and make it into a cafe racer. Any ideas model year etc…..
Thx
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I think you are already halfway there with a Thunderbird triple...one hell of a cool canvas to work off of

Texas94fs

Hooligan
The thunderbird triple would be nice as well, but an 93-95 Daytona 900 you can probably find for a steal that already has crap for plastics and just needs a little massaging to get reliable again. TT600's you can find everywhere for pretty decent price.

I've seen caff t-birds. . . ne'er seen a caff made out of the others. . . so it depends on if you want to fabricate stuff, or have off the shelf stuff handy.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
I assume you mean working over an early T300 bike? I've always wanted an early 750 triple motor since they are shorter stroke and wind up quick, but using a 900 machine is likely the best option due to availablility & both bikes are otherwise identical/no weight savings with the smaller motor.

Anyway, I'd start with a trident if it were me:

motogiallo+003.jpg

Cheers,

--Rich

monty

Street Tracker
Thought I would post these images. The one in front of the large copper building is taken in front of the Millennium centre in my home town. In fact the there is a nice tight right hander in front of it that I ground the Bonnie on on my way to work. I work about 500 yds away.

The red cafe racer is a neat job done on a 1600 T bird. Just thought I would post that.

Month.

Attachments

• Taimoshan-triumph-thunderbirb-cafe-racer-0011-e1308180099348.jpg
    Taimoshan-triumph-thunderbirb-cafe-racer-0011-e1308180099348.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph__t300_cafe_racer_1997_1_lgw.jpg
    triumph__t300_cafe_racer_1997_1_lgw.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph-thunderbird-1600-cafe-racer-first-look.jpg
    triumph-thunderbird-1600-cafe-racer-first-look.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Always impressed with your work. Whatever you decide upon, I'm sure it will be awesome. Can't wait for the pics!:popcorn::beer: