a couple pre vacation bits

rodburner

Rocker
As mentioned in the Corbin alternative thread,I mounted up my new "Wave" headlight.Its pretty frickin sleek!
bikemovies041.jpg

And while doing a job at work yesterday at a battery distribution warehouse,I scored the basis for my new battery box when we get home.Equals all the stock Yuasa specs except the size.:woot:
bikemovies044.jpg

I used a single stock blinker for scale. And the best part,$53 OTD.I`ve never had a problem with my stock battery in over 4 years now,but that seems pretty exceptional,considering its never been charged except by riding the bike.

Mats

Two Stroke
Hey Rod!
Always fun to see what you are up to with your bike. I like the style of it. Do you have a gauge for the oil temp to see if the oil cooler you made is up to keepin the cool? I would like to swap the original cooler for something slender.

Regards
Mats

rodburner

Rocker
No gauge yet.I`m sure it runs a little hotter,but,I don`t live in the outback,so,as I`ve said before,IMO,the Bonnie is overcooled by design. I`m not sweating it.:nono:

Mats

Two Stroke
I agree. My old Commando didn't have fins like this 'un, don't think they carried as much oil as the Hinckley twin does. No oil cooler either, but the external tank helped of course. And I never bothered wondering if it overheated! I even think we rode harder in those days..