904 project begins

ozbonnie

Scooter
Pods arrived today. Big thanks Cichlid865 :popcorn:. No details for reimbursement?

I am fabricating the battery relocation and hope to have it all installed in the next 2 weeks.

Cichlid865

Scooter
Na,,Just keep me up to date with the big Bore - did you go Wisco or Triumph Performance?

Last edited:

ozbonnie

Scooter
I went with the wiseco, got them from fast eddy. He is great to deal with and I had them bored in by a guy here in W.A. who has done several.

At this stage I 3000 km on the new setup and I am getting 265km on mixed riding and putting approx 13 litres in the tank to fill up so I guess 300 km to a tank using reserve...

Top end isnt showing any noticable improvement over stock however it pulls like a train up to 170kmh, then I am the weak link.

The pods will force a rejet and probably reduce mpg but I love the look and have some mileage to spare :banana:

Cichlid865

Scooter
Fuel...

I've just had mine Dyno'd - Carbs were from Triumph Performance... They were said to be tuned / jetted to suit my bike / set-up... First trip to reserve = 119klms!!!!! ran quite well, big improvement over the stock carbs, but had bad surge at steady speed.

Oil was full of fuel etc, anyway - Dyno'd by a local guy near here, now getting about 160 - 180 klms dependent on how hard it's ridden. Has lost a bit of the zoom, but sems to be running well right through the rev range.

ozbonnie

Scooter
Geeez.....how hard do you wind the right hand :eeek: Then again we don't ride these for mpg....

Do you remember what you were getting pre - fcr ?

Another question, what does it cost for a dyno over there?
I was quoted $350 including tuning.

Cichlid865

Scooter
When the bike was new, I fitted MADAZ pipes & a K&N filter, not mods to the carbs - always between 225 - 240klms & didn't appear to matter hoow I rode; Then installed EPCO slash cuts & the airbox removal kit + the supplied 160 mains it dropped to 160 - 180Klms
then using Pat's calculator I fitted 155mains 45 pilots & got back up around 180 - 210 - would think that 150 mains would have been perfect.

As above, the FCR's were very thirsty - 120 klms to reserve for first real run.

I went to Parkes on Saturday, 200 klms & was very steady on the speed 120 - 125klms - right on 200klms same on the way home, but only made it to 170Klms -
As for the dyno run - Carl from 'Cafe-racer' see www.caferacer.com.au did 3 runs plus tuned the carbs & was only a bit more than what you've been quoted - I've heard of a guy in Lithgow doing runs for $150.00

Very happy with the service from Carl though, know's his stuff & he came highly recommended. I can know second that... Likes a good chat too...

ozbonnie

Scooter
Took a while but I have now made a battery relocation bracket and installed the pods.

Only a quick run around the block to make sure all worked and nothing would fall off.

a.jpg

Last edited: