32" Drag Bars? Yet another Bar Thread...

Beaman

Two Stroke
Hey Everybody,

I am on a quest for my next handlebar (and hopefully my last). I traded out for a Sportster Bar (which will probably be in the classifieds soon) and found the ergonomics better but just not enough for my taste. I know that this is a subjective question, but do any of you have wide drag bars? The reason that I ask is that I can get 32" that may help me avoid adding risers. Part of this is that I can get it in black....Part of it is I like the look. If not the 32" drag bars, I am thinking about sport bars or super bars. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

LS1*

Scooter
FWIW, I had the 32" wide black low cafe bars from flanders and traded them out for the 28" wide M-bars and haven't looked back. The narrower bars with more angle are much better for me.

MES

750cc
do any of you have wide drag bars? The reason that I ask is that I can get 32" that may help me avoid adding risers.
How will the extra width negate the need for rise?

You will have a hard time find drag bars that wide typically they are narrower. Try looking at HD parts. They may have wider bars. Any 1" bars will work. Or have some made.

Beaman

Two Stroke
I have a pair sourced, I am just wondering if that is too wide and if the width makes it so I am not banging the tank....

Nick Morey

Rocker
I have a pair sourced, I am just wondering if that is too wide and if the width makes it so I am not banging the tank....

From what I understand you will need longer cables if you go too wide. See Bella Corse. They have cables and tell what bars they sell need them... would at least give you an idea.

Beaman

Two Stroke
I was wondering about cables, I figured with no rise 32" would be fine...I have a feeling that a might go with the 28" from Bellacorse and risers from SpacerJim's or NB's Superbars....

DandyDoug

750cc
I am using an HD flattrack style bar, it measures 29" accross the ends. I had to remove the tank and re-route the throttle cables to the right side of the top tube and then adjust them a bit. They will reach just take your time .
I replaced the front brake line with a 2" longer one (Braided type) since it was time to bleed the brakes anyway. I also am using a bar riser due to age related neck,and shoulder injuries.

Another guy I know has a wider bar on his, but I am pretty sure he had to change all the cables on the throttle side.

i have a set of drag bars on my bonne.
they are about 30 1/2" (total width... not following the arc of the bar)
because the height is so much lower, there is PLENTY of cable length with stock controls.
as to banging the tank, i fixed mine by drilling holes in the fork stops and screwing in a fine thread screw...it allowed me to finely tune just how close the controls come to the tank.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
I'm using HD's 1" matt black flattrack bars on my Street Tracker. When I first installed the bars, I assumed I'd need longer cables, so I bought a new front brake cable, a new clutch cable and a new throttle cable (I only use 1), all intended for a Bonnie America.

As it turns out I needed none of them.. After re-routing the throttle cable to the right side of the frame, and re-routing the front brake line along the backside of the lower tree, and running the stock clutch cable above the keeper that is attached to the frame, they all worked (and are still working) just fine.

The Bonnie America cables were too long.. way too long.. I looked like I was running "loops" on my handlebars.