1967 Trophy

drlapo

Hooligan
a 1967 500 Trophy has been offered to me.
I knew the guy who owned, he died a few years back
his granddaughter haas offered it to me and is asking a "fair price"
she wants me to make an offer
I'll checkit out next week, when i last saw it it was running well
it's blue and white with low pipes.
I wonder what it's worth?:ride:

curezee

Street Tracker
Without knowing condition or displacement, my guesstimate would be anywhere from 2500-4000. Just my opinion.

drlapo

Hooligan
still working on getting this one. Its still there but the faimily is not eager to sell (dad's bike)
I'm working on Dan's 1970 250 Triumph. the intake valve went through the piston a couple of days before he shipped out to Hawaii.
we have a spare "bike" and an engine from a 68 BSA B25 so we have plenty of parts
so far I've got a good crankshaft, head, cylinder and rod from one engine and a good transmission and cases from another. both oil pumps are shot so hopefuly the BSA engine has a good pump but it's 100 yards away in the barn and there's still 2 feet of snow on the ground
then I need to start on the 65 BSA Thunderbolt

drlapo

Hooligan
I finished the 250 triumph engine using the top end from a BSA B25 and the crankshaft and crankcases from the other spare bike. I've got $1000 in that engine.
the A65 is apart. it looks really good. the head will only need to be cleaned and the valves lapped in. the pistons are +.030 but both are heavily scuffed. the cylinder walls are mirror smooth so I think the previous owner just put oversized pistons in the worn bore. I have everything else apart and will clean, refurbish and paint it. going to leave the original body paint on it as its in good shape.
this is turning out to be a very good deal for $1200