Blowing fuse and Oil weep

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I hope for your sake that the new Reg/Rec was the issue and that you can now enjoy many miles of issue-free riding! Thanks for sharing your experience. We all learn from our mistakes, failures, and successes through sharing in this forum! This is what makes it so great!

TrophyMan2

Hope so too but not 100% convinced. But as I said another run coming up 16/1 and will see how that goes if all fine I wont be touching anything else. If not then as per some feedback I'll start looking at other items and replace and test until I know I can ride with no isses.

TrophyMan2

Well its 12/2/19 and been out several times long (ish) rides with todays 115 and no problem at all since installing new reg/rec not OE but one with MOFFAT tech. So in the end what I did:
  1. Stripped back large part of wiring loom from headlight to near end of tank not issues seen/found.
  2. Continuity check on all items leading to and from fuse no.4 using Haynes manual, all seems fine.
  3. The right handle bar switch gear taken apart and cleaned/checked although look like new, put some electrical grease in places.
  4. Ignition switch/barrel took apart and again was already greased up and the contacts again no apparent issues & continuity checked.
  5. Fuse box removed all fuses thorough check for any debris all was fine & I placed some electrical contact grease in no.4.
  6. Checked all the relays in the side panel and under tank all clicked/ticked when checked.
  7. Replaced reg/rec.

Reference other suggestions I checked the side stand wiring and the alternator wiring no apparent issues no continuity check done, so fingers crossed and AGAIN many thanks for all the suggestions and info.