2007 T100 Price

Trebo

Scooter
Hello everyone. First post. Actually, I'm not a "new" Bonneville rider, rather "prospective", as I'm pretty agressively looking for a used one to purchase.

I'm in CA, and it is very difficult to find used Bonnevilles (of any model). After many months, I found a completely stock 2007 Black/White T100 with less than 1000 miles at a dealership. They're asking $7700. I only have the internet to use for comparison prices, and all the bikes I find are out of state. In short, how does $7700 sound to you guys?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
If you are in a market where Bonnies are not found very much for sale, then I would imagine that price isn't too far seeing that the engine isn't broken in. It's all about supply and demand regardless of the badge on the side of the tank. If there aren't any other Bonnies on the used market, then the bike will most likely sell for that. It seems the more important question is if you are comfortable spending $7,700 on a bike you like/want.

hankmarx

750cc
Expand the search. If the right bike for the right price is out of state, go get it.
It is a lot harder to negotiate, good pictures and a lot of trust.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The C/L around here is all over the map on 07s. All of them are fairly low mileage and run from 4k to 6k. 7700 sounds a bit high to me, but it's a dealer so they want their piece of the pie. What kind of warranty are they offering?

Just be sure the bike you purchase out of state complies with the California emissions standards. I've heard some horror stories....

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
7700 is only a little bit less than I paid for mine brand new. Y 4 years and a thousand miles? Offer 6k.

Demar

Two Stroke
Just be sure the bike you purchase out of state complies with the California emissions standards. I've heard some horror stories....

This is good advice. I would second the recommendation to make sure it can be registered in CA.

Ca is a big state. There are more than a few for sale in CA, I'm sure. I'll look around a bit tonight.

Where are you in CA? If you're in Northern CA I might be able to help you.

I would offer less, they should be motivated to move older bikes. If they say no look around for others.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-TRIUMPH-BONNEVILLE-T100-100027445/?ZMC=Oodle&BAC-Oodle=&

Rick

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
I bought my '07 bonneville a year ago for $4900 from a used bike dealer in New Hampshire, it was in perfect condition and had to pass the New Hampshire motorcycle inspection also. Granted it wasn't a T100 but that's a big jump to $7700. Sounds a little to high to me.

Trebo

Scooter
Thank You Gentlemen. I appreciate the time you've taken to give me your advice. I was on my way to look at the bike (after negotiating the price to $6400) this morning when the dealership called to let me know it sold last evening. Back to the drawing board (internet) or buying a new bike. Thanks Again. Trebo

P.S. Looking forward to when I can be a contributor to this site.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Keep yer dauber up. There's a Bonnie with your name on it out there. These bikes are generally in very good shape and more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

AceT100

Rocker
Thats about what I paid new for my T100 in 2007, I got a great deal. Where in California are you? I have a buddy that works at Monroe Motors in San Francisco, maybe he can keep an eye open for you.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Thank You Gentlemen. I appreciate the time you've taken to give me your advice. I was on my way to look at the bike (after negotiating the price to $6400) this morning when the dealership called to let me know it sold last evening. Back to the drawing board (internet) or buying a new bike. Thanks Again. Trebo

P.S. Looking forward to when I can be a contributor to this site.

Definitely keep looking and use that as a good learning tool for your area as obviously the bike wasn't so far overpriced as it sold before you could get back to it. This bike is definitely worth traveling for if you find the right deal. Good luck with your search and hopefully you will be on one soon!

Trebo

Scooter
Thanks to everyone who weighed in. I am willing to travel/ship the right bike - especially if it is recommended by one of you. It's very tempting to buy a new bike and get the warranty, but I really would like an "older" Bonneville.

Also, I spent my day very self indulgently. Not enough effort spent acknowledging those who made sacrifices so that I am in the position to choose what kind of motorcycle I want to buy. Thank You.

Trebo

Scooter
P.S. Demar asked where I was located - L.A.

If you guys run across anything, Please let me know. Thanks.

Heizer

Scooter
I was going to echo the sentiments of that being a high price, but it also depends on if it had any accessories included. Either way, I'd expect it to be pristine for that price.

Now that it's sold, you can look for a better deal. I got my 2009 T100 new for $8,200 out the door. Granted, my dealer neglected to tell me they would stop selling and servicing bonnevilles shortly thereafter. Grrr.....