Retro TRIUMPH FAKE ? JACKET

OK this was being advertised and I mentioned it and was was told it was a fake due to unbroken swirl was never a triumph retro jacket

retro1.png
retro2.jpg

retro3.jpg
KGrHqUOKjkE3Fulvk7BOEdZhUhw_12.jpg

KGrHqMOKicE3326-5RsBOEc9KjqQ_12.jpg
KGrHqEOKi0E38keisoBOEd0rY_12.jpg

I was told should look like this:

photo-1.jpg
ghfkv.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I find it hard to believe it is a fake as if gonna copy why not just copy exactly the same.

Anyone know one way or the other?

If it's made in China......rip offs are a great industry over there.....

I dont own it and pictures shown are from ad. So not sure where it is made. But if rip off why so much detail with tags and why not make exactly the same?

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Yeah, there are some knock-offs of the Triumph Romero jacket on ebay. I was thinking about buying one until I looked a bit closer. Buyer beware.

The bad news; It's not authentic.

The good news; It's a nice copy.

But look at the effort in the Tags!

Are you sure?

I tried googling the item nimber shown on tag on official Triumph site and nothing. So starting to think your right

Still if can pick up for $200. I may just do it and go my own way :)

Real or fake, it's really ugly. Just my opinion, but it's about as cool as a Hard Rock Cafe jacket. I don't care what logo is on it.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Is it fake because Hinkley Triumph run the both logos?? On my T100 the one on the bar clamps has the broken swirl and the badge on the RHS alternator cover has the unbroken swirl. My Triumph leather jacket (Balham style) has the same unbroken swirl on the tag as the one in your picture and the same style embossed on the front and this is how it is displayed on the Triumph site. I have read somewhere of someone buying a leather jacket from a Triumph dealer and then later down the track saw a slightly larger size on line so they bought that and the difference in quality was staggering with the one bought on line of a much better quality. The one bought from the dealer had lost a lot of the dye from the leather also which some one responded and explained that there are the same jackets made by different manufacturers under license by triumph that are of different quality. I have used mine continually for the past 12 months rain hail or shine and have noticed that it is bleaching and where I hang it after getting wet there is a big black stain on the ground below from all of the dye that runs out and I have never experienced that with any leather jackets in the past. Maybe the unbroken swirls are the shittier quality types.

Is it fake because Hinkley Triumph run the both logos??

yer, I should probably have said reason earlier.

Mate said this jacket only ever made with broken swirl. I did not know either way. So thought would put question out there, where others may know.

Iceseven

750cc
Hard to say for sure, those jackets were made for quite a long time but now discontinued, so if you do get it I would get it for cheap.

I have the textile version and it has the broken swirl on the front patch as well as the back logo, bought that one in 2004. Really a nice jacket with zip-out liner and good ventilation as well as shoulder and elbow armor.

I did a google search for Triumph Retro Paddock jacket and saw the swoop both ways in a lot of pics.

Last edited:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I don't get it. Fake? Is it actually a jacket? Who the fuck cares if the jacket was made with the official blessing of Triumph? If you like it, it fits your bod and your budget, get it. If you're shopping with some other criteria... well whatever floats your boat.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
I don't get it. Fake? Is it actually a jacket? Who the fuck cares if the jacket was made with the official blessing of Triumph?

I think you're taking the word "fake" too literally. Try substituting the word "bootleg" instead. If it's a bootleg reproduction, we should all care.

KingBear

Hooligan
Hmmm. The premise of the argument that this is a knock-off lies with "someone" claiming the jacket was never made with the continuous swirl from the R to the H. Who is this all-knowing individual claiming to have tracked every incarnation of genuine Triumph apparel? When I do an internet image search on "Triumph Retro Jacket" I see several images from reputable sources with the jacket pictured as it is in your original posting. Images below are from PowerSports Network and North River Cycles (authorized dealer in Salem, MA).

I'm calling bullshit on the claim that it's a knockoff.

M9563898.jpg
retro-jacket_back.jpg

Last edited:

loxpump

Rocker
I have that jacket and can't remember what the logo looks like, but now I'll have to look tonight. I don't think it's a pirated one since I got it at my local Triumph dealer. And I paid less than $200.00.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Hmmm. The premise of the argument that this is a knock-off lies with "someone" claiming the jacket was never made with the continuous swirl from the R to the H. Who is this all-knowing individual claiming to have tracked every incarnation of genuine Triumph apparel? When I do an internet image search on "Triumph Retro Jacket" I see several images from reputable sources with the jacket pictured as it is in your original posting. Images below are from PowerSports Network and North River Cycles (authorized dealer in Salem, MA).

I'm calling bullshit on the claim that it's a knockoff.

Don't know who the all-knowing individual that says it's a knock-off is. But, you're the all-knowing individual who knows it not??? All I know is Triumph no longer makes the jacket. I'm w/ sweat anyway... it's not the greatest looking jacket and probly not worth anyone getting their panties in a wad over.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I think you're taking the word "fake" too literally. Try substituting the word "bootleg" instead. If it's a bootleg reproduction, we should all care.

Why should we care? I'm not being facetious here, I just don't get it?

LOL Barry! Guess how many fingers I'm about to hold up?? :)

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I reckon if it looks like dog shit, smells like dog shit, feels like dog shit

Hey I just noticed that with one jacket the squares on the back go black white black white black white black white......but on the other jacket they go white black white black white black white black white.......

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
I reckon if it looks like dog shit, smells like dog shit, feels like dog shit

Hey I just noticed that with one jacket the squares on the back go black white black white black white black white......but on the other jacket they go white black white black white black white black white.......

Is that reading from left to right or right to left....? Even up to down or down to up. Makes a huge difference.....:ride: