BC Airbox Removal Kit EFI Thoughts

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hi guys I am considering purchasing the BC Performance kit does anybody have any experience with this kit and is it worth the cash. It contains a AI removal kit and airbox removal kit and predator exhausts. Currently I have dominator touring exhausts is the predator exhaust reverse cones really loud or nice sounding and not too loud. Looking for your wisdom and comments and I would also consider purchasing the kit from carlos at triumph performance usa as he has been great to me in the past. I look very forward to your comments and help.

Ride Safe and HAVE FUN Kind regards Ben Dickens:lol2::rock::lol:

I have it on my EFI Thrux. Not sure about a lot of HP, but it sure sounds nice. Build quality is pretty good, but don't expect any instructions. As far as noise, there are plenty of examples of predators on youtube. I have heard a few others in person, but the predators sound the best to me.

henrys

Street Tracker
I have the triumph performance EFI kit and in my opinion it sounds perfect. From what I've heard they are the same pipes but I'm not sure of that.

You really need a custom tune to take advantage though. Search the forum for "tune ecu". I can email you the tune that I run. Made a world of difference on my bike.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I have the triumph performance EFI kit and in my opinion it sounds perfect. From what I've heard they are the same pipes but I'm not sure of that.

You really need a custom tune to take advantage though. Search the forum for "tune ecu". I can email you the tune that I run. Made a world of difference on my bike.

That would be great mate my email is [email protected] I am going to order the kit now.

Are you not running the Triumph maps? I run 20498 for now. What all mods do you have?

Do you mind sending the one you use to me too?

geektron at gmail dot com.

You're in Dallas! Come out to Amsterdam on Wednesday if you can.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I am a bit confused so does that mean that I should buy a tune ecu aka power commander etc prior to getting the bike dyno tuned. Or is it the case that a Dyno Tune can be uploaded to my stock triumph ecu with an appropriate MAP? Please help I am more confused than ever and have ordered a performance pack which includes pred pipes, AI removal and Airbox removal kit.

I am a bit confused so does that mean that I should buy a tune ecu aka power commander etc prior to getting the bike dyno tuned. Or is it the case that a Dyno Tune can be uploaded to my stock triumph ecu with an appropriate MAP? Please help I am more confused than ever and have ordered a performance pack which includes pred pipes, AI removal and Airbox removal kit.

Don't buy a Power Commander. Just download TuneECU and buy a cable. I bought this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WIN8VQ

All of the Triumph maps are available online. You can remap the bike for free anytime.

Henrys sent me one that I converted to work with my bike and it is running better than ever.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Don't buy a Power Commander. Just download TuneECU and buy a cable. I bought this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WIN8VQ

All of the Triumph maps are available online. You can remap the bike for free anytime.

Henrys sent me one that I converted to work with my bike and it is running better than ever.

Can you save your current map so that if the new one uploaded doesn't work you can revert to it and get the bike dyno'd and custom tuned. What effect does all this also have on milage per tank etc and does it do any damage to your engine etc.:poke::beer::motorbike2:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
What is the best map for BC Predators as the only modification?

What is the best map for BC Predators, AI removal, Airbox Removal Mod?

Looking forward to your comments guys and thanks for your help, kindest regards Ben Dickens.

henrys

Street Tracker
Can you save your current map so that if the new one uploaded doesn't work you can revert to it and get the bike dyno'd and custom tuned. What effect does all this also have on milage per tank etc and does it do any damage to your engine etc.:poke::beer::motorbike2:

Yes you can save your current map.

Yes you can do damage to your engine with a bad tune. It basically gives you full control of fuel and spark.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Yes you can save your current map.

Yes you can do damage to your engine with a bad tune. It basically gives you full control of fuel and spark.

I am scared now maybe its best to get the mods done and then get it properly dyno tuned as it will be with the specs and not cause damage to the engine.:flag:

Frank

Scooter
Dealr "Channelinspire" - I live near Dallas & have an EFI '09 Speedmaster with straight 3 1/2 in pipes, Air Cleaner Kit and what Triumph calls their "Off-Road" tune. I still have my Ox Inj. You mentioned buying a cable and re-programing. Can you offer any more directions to accomplishing this?
Thanks-Frank

Sure thing Frank. I was talking about getting that cable that I posted the link to on Amazon and downloading TuneECU. Youc an get generic maps that are pretty safe here:
http://www.tuneecu.com/Twin_OEM_Tune_list.html

Dealers charge like $75 to put a new map (generic map). If you have the cable above, you can do it yourself for free.

SOunds like you were already remapped, but when RPM did mine, they used an old map. I had been replaced by another one so I switched to it.

As some have said, reprogramming an ECU can destroy your engine if the tune is bad. I recommend sticking with the generic maps unless you get the chance to get on a dyno and having a professional create a custom tune.

Hope that helps. You are welcome to come out to the Amsterdam on Wednesday and I'll be glad to talk to you about it.

JTIrwin27

Scooter
I have airbox kit on my 2011 efi thrux with dominators and tune. Sounds great and made a big diff otherwise for me. No more top end but passing power is extremely noticeable

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Sure thing Frank. I was talking about getting that cable that I posted the link to on Amazon and downloading TuneECU. Youc an get generic maps that are pretty safe here:
http://www.tuneecu.com/Twin_OEM_Tune_list.html

Dealers charge like $75 to put a new map (generic map). If you have the cable above, you can do it yourself for free.

SOunds like you were already remapped, but when RPM did mine, they used an old map. I had been replaced by another one so I switched to it.

As some have said, reprogramming an ECU can destroy your engine if the tune is bad. I recommend sticking with the generic maps unless you get the chance to get on a dyno and having a professional create a custom tune.

Hope that helps. You are welcome to come out to the Amsterdam on Wednesday and I'll be glad to talk to you about it.

if your dealer is charging you 75 you're getting ripped a new one...

henrys

Street Tracker
I have airbox kit on my 2011 efi thrux with dominators and tune. Sounds great and made a big diff otherwise for me. No more top end but passing power is extremely noticeable

You lost top end? For me I lost a lot of low end until I found the right tune. Now it pulls hard throughout the RPM range.

mondrian5

Scooter
2011 EFI Bonneville T100

Are there any downsides to the AI removal and the Airbox removal mods?

Maybe on the newer Bonnies with the CAN-or whatever they are-called electronics?

jon

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Are there any downsides to the AI removal and the Airbox removal mods?

Maybe on the newer Bonnies with the CAN-or whatever they are-called electronics?

jon

IF I INSTALL A NORMAN HYDE BELMOUTH DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY MAP, BIKE IS EFI WITH ARROW MAP INSTALLED ? IF SO WHAT MAP IS BEST THANKS HEAPS I HAVE OPENED A BIG CAN OR WORMS PLEASE SEND ME YOUR WISDOM GENTLEMEN THANKS HEAPS BEN DICKENS:brit_tit::stupid2: