Handlebar Options 7/8 Cafe Style HELP

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Gday guys I am wanting to seek your advice, I currently own a 09 Bonne SE with 7/8 ACE BARS fitted & LSL Rearsets. Due to health reasons I am suffering quite a bit especially in the hands and wrists arthritis. I have customised my ride in a cafe racer style and wish to retain this style.
What are some options I should consider if I wish to retain the cafe racer look.

Is it worth upgrading my stock front fork suspension, will this make a difference in making bumps and vibrations any better. I have upgraded the rear to hagon nitro shocks which made a hug difference.

Thanks for your time and reply's guys I look forward to your responses, kindest regards Ben Dickens

:beer::c:d:banana:

Attachments

• IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
M bars or maybe some Super-flat tracker style bars - tho you might have to wack an inch off each end to size them right.

strokerlmt

I have a neck thing and use Mbars. The flat tracker would help as well. I have front progressive springs and emulators and I notice a big difference in the front end. Salamander bar ends weights absorb and soften vibration. Good luck.
LMT

RoyNC

Street Tracker
If you are having difficulty with your hands and wrists then the M bars may not be as good as the flat track bars. The M bars will cause you to twist in a bit in a less than natural position.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Gday guys I am wanting to seek your advice, I currently own a 09 Bonne SE with 7/8 ACE BARS fitted & LSL Rearsets. Due to health reasons I am suffering quite a bit especially in the hands and wrists arthritis. I have customised my ride in a cafe racer style and wish to retain this style.
What are some options I should consider if I wish to retain the cafe racer look.

Is it worth upgrading my stock front fork suspension, will this make a difference in making bumps and vibrations any better. I have upgraded the rear to hagon nitro shocks which made a hug difference.

Thanks for your time and reply's guys I look forward to your responses, kindest regards Ben Dickens

:beer::c:d:banana:

Spoke to the best motorcycle tech in OZ today and indicated my issues with pain etc. He suggested that I install progressive springs Wilbers and emulators and also upgrade my rear shocks to wilbers piggy backs. He sets up bikes for moto gp so I can trust his judgement as well as suffering the same ailments. All up its going to cost me around 2300 but it is the rolls royce of suspension. Since I love my bonne so much I thinks its worth the investment as it is way cheaper than buying a second bike being a speed triple r at 14800.