I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

slowgator

750cc
You did well....congrats it's a gorgeous bike and well preserved.
koi

I'm with Koi! My first Bonneville was a '70 T120R with the same paint...LOVED that bike! Your bike is giving me flashbacks!

untitled-3.jpg

Bob80220

Scooter
Bob....."press on".....that is a very nice bike and purchase and IMHO worth every cent you paid. I with you and Koi. It is not always about the bottom line. If I had the $$$ I would be asking your mate if he had another one is as great shape. Enjoy the piss out of a fine ride. If its what you want and makes you warm and fuzzy "its a deal".
LMT

Unfortunately stroker the seller only had the one Bonneville...and no doubt I am warm and fuzzy all over with this acquisition. I was just over at the shop doing some tinkering while my Brit mechanic was cleaning up the carb's and adjusting the valves. The points were set way off but all is good now...also, the original owner was in Texas and it was still jetted for sea level for some odd reason. There is another vintage Triumph shop in town that did some minimal work on her, and my suspicion is they either never changed them out or perhaps even installed them...I should have her ready to tool around town on Wednesday. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning...

Bob

koifarm

Hooligan
I'm with Koi! My first Bonneville was a '70 T120R with the same paint...LOVED that bike! Your bike is giving me flashbacks!

untitled-3.jpg

I feel your pain slowgator....lol...I had a nice 71 T120R with the gold/black paint on her, had TT pipes and short risers on her, she was a screaming machine for sure, I was working at an airport as a pilot and in the mornings, coming to work, I'd get her on the back runway and open up....Phew!...that brings back some memories...loved the shit out of those TT pipes...what a sound...
The deal he got was one of those "once in a lifetime" kind of things...what a beauty....

Cichlid865

Scooter
Couple of pic's from - tooo;

Attachments

• 27092009119.jpg
    27092009119.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 27092009122.jpg
    27092009122.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 0

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Wow thanks LMT! I'm honored!!

What's so funny about all this is that right after I brought the Bonnies home 4 years ago the 'Lass was like "Let's see, I'll paint it this and I'll change that..." and I was like "WTF!! They're brand new!!! Are you out of your mind?!?!?!"

Then I started doing a little research and started to see the light.... the modding bug bites hard. :)

monty

Street Tracker
Here's a piccie of yours truly and his Bonnie. Not up to Pikeys standards but all I can manage at the moment.

Attachments

• bonnie ramble 008.jpg
    bonnie ramble 008.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Sorry chaps, found this as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
With a busy winter schedule that included High School Wrestling, skiing, dog training, girlfriends ACL surgery and taking care of said girlfriend I was finally able to finish some small additions to my bike this weekend. What I did is not as awesome as most of the bikes on this thread but it is a miracle for me. The most important thing about it to me is that I did it myself. Thanks for looking.

Black M's
White Football Grips
Black Bucket
Hella ECE
LED's (turns and indicators)
Black Speed Mirrors (BC)
Black Lucas Tail
Bobbed Tail
Hedge's Eight

Attachments

• IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2220.jpg
    IMG_2220.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2222.jpg
    IMG_2222.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Moto: Yep, that's my photo work. Thanks!

Bellaire: Gorgeous! My concern with the aftermarket taillights and blinkers is they are DIM compared to the stockers because they don't have the parabolic reflectors. Riding behind the 'Lass with her Lucas-style taillight I am constantly thinking that I should just replace it with the stocker so she doesn't die on the road from invisibility. But they sure look nice.

They are not as bright but I love the look. I think they may be bright enough though. Also considering an LED bulb and looking to use harness for the parking light to mount a small blue LED strip under the gas tank. The parking light is now not in use due to the installation of the Hella reflector.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
... I think they may be bright enough though. ...

Let a buddy ride and and you get behind it at night, you might change your mind. And in the daytime, well... pretty weak. I've been working on cutting down the stock parabolic reflector to insert in the Lucas-style housing and preliminary indications are good, however my dremel skills are low and the wiring harness on the old light I have is shit and I'm having a hard time justifying spending money on a new one given that I strongly suspect that I won't be able to make it work.

LED bulb without a reflector is also a challenge - the superbrights are nice, that helps a bit.

koifarm

Hooligan
Wha???

Moto: Yep, that's my photo work. Thanks!

Bellaire: Gorgeous! Riding behind the 'Lass with her Lucas-style taillight I am constantly thinking that I should just replace it with the stocker so she doesn't die on the road from invisibility. But they sure look nice.

Let me digest this BJ, you're riding BEHIND the 'Lass and watching her Lucas-style tail light?????? Really???? Ahem!!! :chin::lol:

:sidecar: