Trickle Chrager On!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Holy Crap!! Forecast is for 64 degrees and Sunny tomorrow in NY!!

Could it be I will actually get to ride? Maybe see some actual ground and walk on earth rather than a glacier? Its been 55+ continuous days of hard icy snow cover here.

sorry for the typo in the title but I can't change it

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
Go for it Sal......but watch out for all the damn sand. At least around my area that is. The back roads here are covered with sand and a thick ice berm (maybe 3 inches thick) along the edge of the road. Bounced off it yesterday with my truck passing a car coming the other way.

T-boy

Rocker
Yeah...that sand will get you every time...almost lost it once last spring! Pretty nice weather here , also. Would take the Bonnie out of hibernation if there wasn't so much salt residue on the roads.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
yeah, I got an old Suzuki with new tires that will probably be fine for tomorrow. I won't be too bold. Might just fire up the Bonneville and run it around the block too.

mark66

TT Racer
Sounds like a plan.....hey I passed 2 bikes today on I95 coming back from Rhode Island. It must be spring. I'll wake up in a few minutes...........

mark66

TT Racer
Yeah...that sand will get you every time...almost lost it once last spring! Pretty nice weather here , also. Would take the Bonnie out of hibernation if there wasn't so much salt residue on the roads.

I lost it in the sand when I was about 17 or 18. Didn't get hurt bad but ever since then I've been real defensive about sand on the side of the roads.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Go for it. Just yesterday it was great weather and I had uh.... err.... a bad case of the squirts and missed my window. Crap!! literally.

Yeah Sal, Go for it.
I remember a few of those teaser days when I worked in Endicott.
They are calling for 75 here tomorrow, and a little cooler for the rest of the weekend.
I'll be out for sure.

Be Safe.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
took the trickle charger off and the plastic bags off the pipes. She fired up on the first try (very nicely might I add). It's back to -10 next week, so the ride will wait but she sounded good in any event. 'Twas only a tease....

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
From 65 degrees and sunny to 30 degrees and windy tomorrow. Thunder and lightning outside my window now!! It ain't spring yet!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
So now for the joke, I was out on a back road yesterday,enjoying the sun and the bike started sputtering. I stop and look - gas everywhere!!! The bike has a vacumn petcock so it shut off, after a few minutes inspection I realize I forgot to tighten one of the carb bowl drain plugs!! Its gone.... so I start walking. I am 20 miles from nowhere.

As I walk, about 300 yards I am thinking about plugging up the hole with something , just to get home. Of course thats not going to work... I look down and see in the dirt - a pencil. With a complete eraser.
I run back and with a little work, broke it to a proper length and stuff it in the hole. It fits. But its not going to work, right? Wrong!!! I fire the bike up - no leaks, Went on to my appointment, the 25 miles back home Stopped twice on the way home to check , it was not leaking. As far as I can tell it hasn't leaked a drop. Don't believe me? Check it out -

GEDC2424.jpg

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Far fucking out Sal, good thinking...some of that Yankee Ingenuity....hell, you've got a great start for a Rat bike, keep going...throw some duct tape here and there....got it!

mark66

TT Racer
Nice work Sal.....isn't it amazing that a pencil you need was left there for you by who knows who....and you knew what to do with it. I love it.