"Fixing" the 2009 Bonneville T100 50th Anniversary model

Neducati

Two Stroke
Not much exposed tail light wiring really.

072.jpg

2004TriumphBonnevilleT100c.jpg

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Both of your Bonnies look great.. Love the garden gate tank badges.

I am so tempted to peel off the factory tank badges so I can install my garden gate badges, but I just can't figure out a way to know for sure whether my tank has the bungs for the bolts, or not.

If I can't screw 'em on, I don't want to peel the factory badges off.

Hmmm... :chin:

Carnation

Street Tracker
yeah that blue bike is sweet - has some really nice touches.

The stock bars look dire when you compare them to something a bit more period.

jewel

Scooter
blue bonnie

What you have done to your 04 is the best revamp of a Hinckley Bonneville I have ever seen. Well done, just beautiful.

Jewel :cheers:

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
What you have done to your 04 is the best revamp of a Hinckley Bonneville I have ever seen. Well done, just beautiful.

Jewel :cheers:

I have been throwing around the idea of doing something like this as well. You sure have made it hard to follow in your shoes.

Ned,

I'm in France & know well Mecatwin : they are expensive but products are outstanding !

I really like these "old T120 style" tail light. I'm doing a similar job on my 2010 black T100... try to look it more 60s...
I suppose that the tail light came from bellacorse... but it is out of stock from a long time now.

Burton Bike Bits in UK have a similar tail light but without the rubber bumpers.
Do you know where I can find similar rubber bumpers ? Bellacorse guys seems to don't reply to mail that came from outside the USA.

To finish, a picture of my bike actual look (a lot of work still to do...) :
DSCF0122.JPG

Thanks for the help

DandyDoug

750cc
jeanchris;

I like the look of you bike, who makes the saddle bags in your picture?

As far as I know Mike from Bellacorse does not sell outside the USA any longer. He told us that this past fall during a rally, I do not know the details of his decision.

Hi Neducati!
I have got the annivercary model too nr. 389, I´m from Finland It is snow and cold over here now, waiting for summer.
a question : How did you know that there where screwholes under the glued stock tankpatch???
Wher did you buy the taillight? does it fit strait on wher the stock tail light is?

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
First off, all of the bikes shown on all these pages are extremely nice with very thought out work going into them. It has also been said that all of the new items have been bolt on's that can be taken back to stock if it is desired but I have wondered if any of you fellas that have the 50th anniversary models have purchased new speedometers while they are still making them like they are so that you could take the mileage back to the factory fresh setting? Or is that something your not overly concerned about as they are pretty much being kept as low mileage rides? Seems that having the option of slipping in an odometer reading zero or very low miles would be mighty tempting for a future owner or at least keeping the original as low as possible and running one from a wrecking yard purchase while your out tooling about saving the lower one for the guy willing to pay the big money later on down the road.
Just a thought.

jeanchris;

I like the look of you bike, who makes the saddle bags in your picture?

Hello Doug,

Thanks. Those saddle bags are simply from Triumph.
They call it "Tear Drop Leather Panniers". Accessory reference is A9528027 .
Mounting bracket & instructions are provided.

It is a very good quality : leather is about 3mm. They are perfect for daily commuting & some week-end escape.

Hope this help :)

As far as I know Mike from Bellacorse does not sell outside the USA any longer. He told us that this past fall during a rally, I do not know the details of his decision.

Thanks Doug. I don't why too ... but think Mike has some good reasons to no longer ship outside USA.

In fact, I can found the part in UK ... but without the 3 rubber bumpers.

I think Mike can sale the 3 rubber bumpers of his early style tail light alone... does somebody can help me & do the third party between Mike and me to be delivered of those 3 rubber bumpers ?
:cheers:

Neducati

Two Stroke
Hi Neducati!
I have got the annivercary model too nr. 389, I´m from Finland It is snow and cold over here now, waiting for summer.
a question : How did you know that there where screwholes under the glued stock tankpatch???
Wher did you buy the taillight? does it fit strait on wher the stock tail light is?

Hi Rocker-

It's pretty cold here in Pennsylvania too, but not yet snowing.

I knew there were screwholes on my 2009 Bonneville 50th Anniversary edition by the low serial number. Later 2009 models of the Bonneville and Scrambler, as you probably know, do not have the screwholes. I am not aware of any way of looking inside the fuel tank (with a mirror or otherwise) to identify the screwholes. I've tried with my 2009 Scrambler, which I think lacks the screwholes.

The tail light came from Bella Corse. Here is the link to the item on the site: http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc011.htm It appears that it is currently backordered, and in fact, Bella Corse apparently no longer sells outside of the USA. It does bolt right on the stock bracket, the part that is left on the fender after you remove the plastic tail light.

Hope this info helps.

Ned

The tail light came from Bella Corse. Here is the link to the item on the site: http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc011.htm It appears that it is currently backordered, and in fact, Bella Corse apparently no longer sells outside of the USA. It does bolt right on the stock bracket, the part that is left on the fender after you remove the plastic tail light.

Hi Ned,

On this tail light, there is 3 rubber bumpers. Do you know where to order the same kind of rubber bumper ? I found the tail light & plate in UK but can not find the rubber bumper... I'm in France & therefore can not order via bellacorse.

Thanks for your help.

Neducati

Two Stroke
Hi Ned,

On this tail light, there is 3 rubber bumpers. Do you know where to order the same kind of rubber bumper ? I found the tail light & plate in UK but can not find the rubber bumper... I'm in France & therefore can not order via bellacorse.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure where Bella Corse gets those little rubber bumpers, but they look pretty close to these (no. 10 or no. 11) that I found at McMaster-Carr:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-in-bumpers/=a1tbr6

9309kc2l.png

Perhaps you could find something like this bumper at a local hardware store. They push through the hole in the tail light assembly and are held in place with a retaining clip that looks like this: http://www.mcmaster.com/#circlips/=a1te7f

98398a153-120px.gif

Good luck!

Ned

Thanks for these informations Ned.
Can you please post some pictures to see how it is installed on the bike ?

I'll try to found those kind of rubber bumpers in Europe... but it seems to be quite difficult.

Your picture will help me a lot too.
:)