Damn Kids

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Parenting can be one of life's biggest challenges and all of us are not cut out to be good parents. Or even parents. Evidence of this is documented throughout this thread. BUT when I'm on my deathbed looking back on my life, I have no doubt that my 3 kids will be my most cherished accomplishments. My life would lack meaning without kids; they truly are the best teachers, IMHO.
Maybe Tooble is right. I think you should have been beaten more as a child. :p

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Yeah, and let's not forget the old adage, "You just wait 'til your father gets home, mister". A couple of hours felt like days. And when you heard his car come up the driveway, you knew there was going to be hell to pay!

ahhh, the memories....

slowgator

750cc
Maybe Tooble is right. I think you should have been beaten more as a child. :p

Well dickboy is gone now, but FWIW, my dad was a cop in Detroit (read "race riots") and took a stick to me and my brother on a fairly regular basis... which is why I couldn't imagine doing it to my own kids. Look at Detroit now. Like Dr. Phil says... "and how's that working for you now???"

marthruxton

Two Stroke
Yea, there has to be some middle ground between beating the shit out of your kids and taking responsibnility for raising them.
it is a hard balance to find,

strokerlmt

Parenting is the "most" important issue in your life IF you have children. Not your spouse, job, friends, hobbies, Friday nites you name it. If you have children you owe it to them to give them the love, friendship, understanding, guidance, support, schooling yadayadayada until they are on their own.
LMT