Baby's got new glasses

koifarm

Hooligan
Question, how much of the bar end is exposed to install the combo? In other words, do you have to move the grips up to install?

Bonniebret

Rocker
Those look nice. I've gotta do something about my mirror situation. Next time I might as well get my mirror from my dentist because it's about the same size and as useful. :loser:

Photonboy

Scooter
What are the sliders for? My bar-end mirrors screw into a threaded plug inside the bars. Do the sliders offer an advantage over that?

Ootnaboot

Scooter
What are the sliders for? My bar-end mirrors screw into a threaded plug inside the bars. Do the sliders offer an advantage over that?

There are a few reasons I put them on. First, being barend weights, they cut down on any vibration in the clip-ons. Although I ride with pretty light hands and that doesn't usually pose a problem, it can begin to affect me when I do 300-400 mile rides. As I'm sure you know, given that vibration can cause mirrors to be rendered less helpful, these help with that too. Of course, CRGs are generally not prone to vibration troubles. Second, were I to go down, they are designed to protect the bike from damage (which may be small, but can make a difference, e.g., to the tank). I also like them because they put the CRGs just a bit further out such that my hands don't bump into mirror mount. Otherwise, they're just a taste preference.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
maybe I am hijacking the thread here :shrug: here but since we r talking mirrors. My stock OEM mirrors are still on the bike. They are on as tight as humanly possible but the right hand mirror vibrates like an epilectic with a milkshake but my left hand mirror is perfect, no matter what the speed.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I havent taken them off yet to see if it's a bushing or somthing similar on the right hand side that just isnt cutting it??

Ootnaboot

Scooter
maybe I am hijacking the thread here :shrug: here but since we r talking mirrors. My stock OEM mirrors are still on the bike. They are on as tight as humanly possible but the right hand mirror vibrates like an epilectic with a milkshake but my left hand mirror is perfect, no matter what the speed.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I havent taken them off yet to see if it's a bushing or somthing similar on the right hand side that just isnt cutting it??

No, it's just the mirrors. They're worthless...poor design.

Nick Morey

Rocker

Sounds like that right hand mirror is actually loose in it's mounting to the mirror frame, have you checked that?

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Sounds like that right hand mirror is actually loose in it's mounting to the mirror frame, have you checked that?

checked the glass in the frame and seems to be the same as the left one, in any event. Taking it off tonight to see what the dealio is...

sgt brad

Scooter
i did the old convert the stock mirrors to bar ends. grabbed some left-over carbon stock from work and ground down adapters. took all of about 20 minutes. they work great and i'm no longer looking at my shoulders when i ride. for those of you on a budget it works great.

Pete R

Banned
i did the old convert the stock mirrors to bar ends. grabbed some left-over carbon stock from work and ground down adapters. took all of about 20 minutes. they work great and i'm no longer looking at my shoulders when i ride. for those of you on a budget it works great.

Hey Sarge, you got any pics?

I've been through the pushy mirrors, cheapy cheap Charlie Chicken Chopper ebay jobs...and I know that somewhere in my shitfight of a shed I've got some bar-ends off my old SSD (well it was 25+ years ago). I could go some CRG's but I just like being different - it's a personality flaw :beer:

sgt brad

Scooter
pic of bar-end mirror

this is about the best pic i had of the mirrors. i hope this helps. fwiw just take the mirror off of the stalk and make a tear drop shaped adapter from any material stiff enough to support the mirror. both ends of the teardrop will need a hole drilled in it. the skinny end gets a hole that matches up to the mirror while the big end is used to screw into the end of the bar. i have the solid tapped bar end and all i did was buy a longer screw to securely attach the adapter to the bar end. all in all it cost less than 3.00 and took all of about 15-20 minutes. hope this helps. if not i'll try to be more specific.

brad

Attachments

• DSC04044.jpg
    DSC04044.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

cafenoir900

VENDOR

You have some good suggestions here, here's mine, though it may sound wierd... check your carburettor synch., when my bike gets a little out of synch, my right bar vibrates more noticeably. I know it sounds strange, but it is the truth!