Knock off CRG bar end mirrors?

D9

Vendor
tbird - did you read the one review on amazon? Pretty bad... and bad
customer service to add insult to injury.

I busted a mounting clamp installing a new set of CRG's... my fault... called them up and
they sent out a replacement clamp immediately... $15.

Last edited:

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
I have some just like that. I bought them on ebay. Cheap like THIS

They work great and give you a very good view of what's behind you. They are cheaply made however. I figured they were cheap enough to just replace if I broke them.

The bolt that comes with these bar end mirrors was NOT the same size as the one that bolts on the bar end weights with my Scrambler. It is a larger diameter. I never used these mirrors on the stock Scrambler handlebar which is 7/8" btw.

I don't know what kind of bar end weight the Bonnies have on the '09 - '10 models. You should be able to figure out how to make them work somehow. My handlebars don't bother me without the bar end weights.

tbirdsp

Scooter
Sorry...I meant to say they don't fold though

I had the non-folding CRG's on my TBS. Not really a factor for me. They don't stick out that much and there's no lane splitting in Nebraska;)

D9, thanks, I hadn't read the review.

I agree the CRG's are pieces of art, just wish they weren't quite so much.

Last edited:

tbirdsp

Scooter
Yeah. I don't have many pics of it (I'm an idiot). '98 Thunderbird Sport I bought new in Sep '98. Fly screen, solo seat, TOR's, CRG bar ends. I used a Ventura Pack for luggage when needed. I'll try to find some pics and upload them into Photobucket.
I had it for 9 years and put 28,000 miles on it (not that many but my ST1100 has 75,000 on it). I needed a big dual sport for the trip of a lifetime in '07 (Continental Divide ride, Canadian border to Mexican border) and something had to go. Traded the TBS for my '06 KLR650. Really miss the TBS though.

This was on the Needles Hwy in the Black Hills in '01. I did 2 track days on it too.
Just for grins attached a crappy scan of a pic of the '89 Honda GB500 I used to have. Totaled it on '97 though. That idiot thing again...

A month and a half ago busted up my right shoulder for the second time crashing dirt bikes, so I'm getting out of dirt and picking up a new Bonnie next week...

Attachments

• BlackHills01.jpg
    BlackHills01.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
  • TBStrack.jpg
    TBStrack.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
  • GB500.jpg
    GB500.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

whyme

TT Racer
I'm on my 3rd try for mirrors. Keep getting them and not liking...then on to ebay. The CRGs are just sooooo much money. Here is what I have now..nice view of my shoulders. They are a nice looking product..Napoleans.

Attachments

• P1010492.jpg
    P1010492.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0

Beachfinn

Scooter
i tried few of the cheapos, they never kept the adjustments and eventually the mirror parts fell off. CRG's are the way to go, worth every penny.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I bought fake CGRs. Lasted 3 months and broke.

I have CGRs (Hindsite, not Lane Splitters) for the last 15 months. They are nice! Didn't need the folding option.

Joel

rmiles

Scooter
knock off mirrors

Bought these for $12,made adapter that bolts to stock bar in.100_2883.jpg
100_3015.jpg
They work O.K.,but as with everthing you get what you pay for.

tbirdsp

Scooter
For D9, another TBS pic, touring mode
1steng-R1-21.jpg

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
I have had the same bicycle bar end mirror on my bike since 1969
paid $2 for it at Mike Swider's Norton, Moto Guzzi store in Salem CT

marthruxton

Two Stroke
I used those cheap knock off on another bike. They vibrated too much for my liking and then the bolts stripped loose. I replaced them with what I should have in the first place, CRGs.

My friend also used bicycle mirrirs on his triumph. He says they work great and don't vibrate.

I used some longer 6mm X 1.0 bolts and counterbored the bar end weights I had laying around to capture the mirror mounts without the expanding parts. There is not enough depth in the bars to the bolt hole to allow the length of the expanders to go in.

Last edited: