Airport Security Solution

AceT100

Rocker
Here's a relatively simple solution to problem of screening every passenger that flies domestically and internationally.

Instead of full-body scans, x-rays of carry-on items, pat downs, removing shoes, belts, and anything metallic and liquids in amounts greater than 4 ounces at the airports security checkpoints I propose the following:

Installation of bomb proof booths that all passengers and crew, along with their personal items would step into. While in the booth some form of safe X-ray or electromagnetic pulse would be initiated that would detonate any explosive device the passenger may have in their possession.

It would be a win-win for everyone. It would eliminate claims of racial profiling, sexual harassment, and long expensive trials, .

Imagine you're in the airport terminal, and you hear a muffled explosion. Then, after a few moments, "Clean up in booth 9."

Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers - we now have a seat available on flight 1678 to Dallas"

Bye Bye Mr Terrorist, have a nice day.

:cheers:

fishonline

Scooter
The booth can be set up with CIP (Clean In Place) spray system and flush to waste....the announcement over the PA then could just be "next please"...

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Like where you're comin' from, Ace. like it.

You didn't happen to write sketches for Monty Python when you lived in London?
Or the "Goodies" maybe?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Time for a rant or story...guess it depends on perspective:

A few years ago I was coming home from a deployment. I can't begin to tell you what goes through your mind on that ride home. Thinking about my old lady, my little boy that I had to leave which was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, buddies still down in the shit, buddies that didn't make it back from the shit and so on. I had a shit ton of connecting flights to make it back home and the sad truth is that I was treated WAY better in the airports in Europe than how I was treated in states...pathetic.

I get to O'hare airport and had to scramble through that huge airport to make a connecting flight. Of course I get screened a total of four different times...the whole package search...bags, shoes, scanner, etc. My great grandparents came off the boat from Ireland and the first thing they did was change around our last name so now nobody can figure out where it is from. Irish, British, German, Japanese, Arabic...the list goes on. In other words, me and my family always get nailed on these "random" searches each and every time we head to an airport. Anyways, I get to the final gate where I am about to get on the final flight to make it back home and I get tagged one more time:mad:

I had kept my cool the other three times in just that airport but now I hit my saturation point because this was the last flight on my agenda to get back to my family and I only had minutes to spare before they locked the doors. So I tried to play the military card which is the first time I have ever done that. I told him who I was and that I was a non commissioned officer in the US military, showed him my military ID, and told him that I was coming home from a hard deployment and this was the final stop until I got home. Renta-cop couldn't give a shit and pointed to the side and told me where to put my bags down so they could be inspected and for me to take my shoes and coat off yet again so I could be searched. At this point, I really was struggling to contain my anger as I threw my bag onto the table and was telling marshmallow ass and his supervisor how fucked up this was. Some of the people in the loooooooong line were even yelling forward 'let him through', 'this is bullshit.'

At this point it got personal with me because in my mind, it was this fat ass that was holding everything up...everything I went through and now just wanted to get back and make up the time with my family was going to be delayed because of him...it got personal. He made the comment to me that how I was behaving wasn't necessary or appreciated and that I was just making things worse. Then he made the crack that all I was doing was trying to get special treatment and that he didn't give a shit where I came from. I told him that his fat ass didn't know the first thing about security unless he was going to chase down a fucking krispy kreme. I made that comment and it obviously triggered something in him because he reached up and grabbed my shoulder to "guide" me over to the table where I was to be searched. All the stress of everything that I went from the pre-deployment all the way to getting back home downloaded in the nano second that he touched me. I turned around, knocked his hand up towards the ceiling with my left hand and latched right onto his fat throat latch with my right hand and just squeezed. I looked up to see security screaming down towards me and all I could think was 'keep squeezing until they pry you off him.'

Needless to say, I missed my flight. I was arrested, brought back to one of the special rooms to be questioned. First Sergeant was called, people called in to verify for me. It was a VERY fun and eventful five hours. Of course by this time the airport had its last flight departed and I was stuck overnight and had to wait another day to get back home. I finally did get back and there was Mrs B06Tang holding my boy with tears in her eyes. What she told me was priceless: 'damn you! You pulled that and made us wait another day to see you but I wouldn't have you any other way. Welcome back love.' I have been blessed with a good woman...a real good woman. So I guess put my vote into the column for the explosion booth...it will save me time to get home after my next deployment.

Mate, obviously I can only judge you from the couple of posts you have put up, but you got one thing right when you started with "guess it depends on perspective". I don't think you did yourself much good posting about your aggression towards another overworked public officer. No excuses for violence in a public place, particularly one as sensitive as an airport. Just how I see it.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Not looking to do myself "much good" with the crowd...just sharing something. Didn't claim it was the right thing to...that's what happens when things come to a head. There seems to be all kinds of "rights" all around us...depends what angle you are looking at.

Motley

750cc
Mate, obviously I can only judge you from the couple of posts you have put up, but you got one thing right when you started with "guess it depends on perspective". I don't think you did yourself much good posting about your aggression towards another overworked public officer. No excuses for violence in a public place, particularly one as sensitive as an airport. Just how I see it.

Homeland Security types.......overworked??? Have you seen these people at work?

I guess it does depend upon perspective.

Good comeback / comment.
Just for the record, I'm 59 and haven't led a saintly life either. I think the older I get the slower to anger I am, I'm also better at looking at both sides before I swing these days.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I was stressed out coming back from a deployment. I kept my cool through three different airports with a total of 14 searches and this was back in my country that I deployed for. Did I make a dumb decision? Of course I did and my family had to wait another day to see me because of it but there were other factors involved than just that. Truth be told, I wouldn't of done anything until that son of a bitch gave the "guiding" grip on my shoulder. Would I take back and not do it again if the situation happened exactly the same again...probably not. Hate to say it but I had some pretty intense things going through me at that time.

redual

Scooter
B06, you have my sympathies. I've not experienced such extremes but I still get pissed that I'm ALWAYS pulled at airports for the 'random' explosives check. I've thought about refusing....
I told my son about this and he said same happens to him except he's in bomb disposal in the British army and always sets the alarms off!
Another note a bit off topic, that he gets a bit upset the way Joe public treats him when he's in army uniform. He's had random people come up to him and actually call him a baby killer and other such compliments! There's some proper assholes in the world.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
redual,

are you originally from GB? The reason I ask is because you said your son is in the British army but your profile says Melbourne. I'm sorry that your son has to go through that shit...its wrong. You are right about proper assholes in the world and it seems they are there no matter where you turn. I was deployed where we shared the base with the Aussies...was some good times and great volleyball matches. The only thing that would piss us off was having to watch them enjoy their beer as we weren't allowed to have any alcohol.

redual

Scooter
Yeah, I'm originally from north Kent in SE England. My son is still over there although he's done a couple of turns in Iraq (my avatar is one of his pics...sometimes I wish it was the view I had when some crap driver is around!) He's hanging out to go to Afghanistan. I didn't know, but he told me that the Australian army get paid more, get beer (like you said) and have tuppaware rifles!

cynr1023

TT Racer
I don't think I'd ever call the secuirty guards at the airport "public officers".
But a lot like the O.J. case.
I'm not saying he did the right thing.....but I understand.

We had a guy flying back to Iraq after going on emergency leave to bury his father. The airport security confiscated his boots for " explosive residue" The odd thing was that he'd gotten into the states wearing the same uniform. Personally, I think they'd want the Soldiers going to the middle east to have "explosive residue" on their uniform, along with explosives, bullets, and first aid kits...and maybe some more explosives.

I've gotten to the point that I offer to strip down to my underwear for them the first time they ask me to take anything other than my shoes, belt and jacket off.

Gretsch

Rocker

A few years ago I was coming home from a deployment. I can't begin to tell you what goes through your mind on that ride home. Thinking about my old lady, my little boy that I had to leave which was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, buddies still down in the shit, buddies that didn't make it back from the shit and so on. I had a shit ton of connecting flights to make it back home and the sad truth is that I was treated WAY better in the airports in Europe than how I was treated in states...pathetic.

I get to O'hare airport and had to scramble through that huge airport to make a connecting flight. Of course I get screened a total of four different times...the whole package search...bags, shoes, scanner, etc. My great grandparents came off the boat from Ireland and the first thing they did was change around our last name so now nobody can figure out where it is from. Irish, British, German, Japanese, Arabic...the list goes on. In other words, me and my family always get nailed on these "random" searches each and every time we head to an airport. Anyways, I get to the final gate where I am about to get on the final flight to make it back home and I get tagged one more time:mad:

I had kept my cool the other three times in just that airport but now I hit my saturation point because this was the last flight on my agenda to get back to my family and I only had minutes to spare before they locked the doors. So I tried to play the military card which is the first time I have ever done that. I told him who I was and that I was a non commissioned officer in the US military, showed him my military ID, and told him that I was coming home from a hard deployment and this was the final stop until I got home. Renta-cop couldn't give a shit and pointed to the side and told me where to put my bags down so they could be inspected and for me to take my shoes and coat off yet again so I could be searched. At this point, I really was struggling to contain my anger as I threw my bag onto the table and was telling marshmallow ass and his supervisor how fucked up this was. Some of the people in the loooooooong line were even yelling forward 'let him through', 'this is bullshit.'

At this point it got personal with me because in my mind, it was this fat ass that was holding everything up...everything I went through and now just wanted to get back and make up the time with my family was going to be delayed because of him...it got personal. He made the comment to me that how I was behaving wasn't necessary or appreciated and that I was just making things worse. Then he made the crack that all I was doing was trying to get special treatment and that he didn't give a shit where I came from. I told him that his fat ass didn't know the first thing about security unless he was going to chase down a fucking krispy kreme. I made that comment and it obviously triggered something in him because he reached up and grabbed my shoulder to "guide" me over to the table where I was to be searched. All the stress of everything that I went from the pre-deployment all the way to getting back home downloaded in the nano second that he touched me. I turned around, knocked his hand up towards the ceiling with my left hand and latched right onto his fat throat latch with my right hand and just squeezed. I looked up to see security screaming down towards me and all I could think was 'keep squeezing until they pry you off him.'

Needless to say, I missed my flight. I was arrested, brought back to one of the special rooms to be questioned. First Sergeant was called, people called in to verify for me. It was a VERY fun and eventful five hours. Of course by this time the airport had its last flight departed and I was stuck overnight and had to wait another day to get back home. I finally did get back and there was Mrs B06Tang holding my boy with tears in her eyes. What she told me was priceless: 'damn you! You pulled that and made us wait another day to see you but I wouldn't have you any other way. Welcome back love.' I have been blessed with a good woman...a real good woman. So I guess put my vote into the column for the explosion booth...it will save me time to get home after my next deployment.

Thanks for your service and I'm sorry for the way you were treated. There's must be a better way to handle troops coming home from deployment. I travel constantly for work and have zero respect for the mall cops that are in charge of "security" for our nations airports. I'd love to meet one of the overworked ones.:hj:

AceT100

Rocker
Thanks for your service and I'm sorry for the way you were treated. There's must be a better way to handle troops coming home from deployment. I travel constantly for work and have zero respect for the mall cops that are in charge of "security" for our nations airports. I'd love to meet one of the overworked ones.:hj:

What he said.....

Thank you for your service.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Looking back at what I posted...maybe it wasn't a good idea. I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread and turn it towards me so my apologies if that is what I ended up doing. I thought that I would showcase through my personal experience how insane the process has become which was the intent of the original post. A very big thanks to all you guys that have said the things you did to me...it does mean a lot to me. Serving has been my honor and it has been one hell of a ride so far...some of the best times of my life. I have definitely received a lot more back than what I gave and that is how I honestly feel about it. This was one bad experience but it does not reflect whatsoever my overall attitude of how I feel about serving my country. I guess its the Irish in me that likes to tell a tale when I have the opportunity to do so :D Thanks again for everything that has been said...I'd buy you all a pint if we were able to go to the same bar.