Weather good, riding was better.

Roger

Street Tracker
Just over a week ago, 8" thick ice in the driveway and alleyway. The last week was really warm. Almost all the ice has melted and the roads have cleared up.

Pulled the bike out, gave it a wipe, checked oil and gas, stuffed the Yuasa in it and the bike started after the third try. Rough idling at first. Adjust the low speed needles, all good! Oil up the chain and check some other things. Low beam is burnt out. Oh well, guess I will just ride with the high beam which is a good idea anyhow. Clean my visor, put my gear on. Helmet doesn't smell funny. Jump on and GO!

This is the earliest I have been able to get on the bike. Usually, the snow isn't gone till the end of March. The city hasn't even started road clean-up yet. Lots of puddles, pot holes, sand and gravel. Went out for about four hours and it started to get chilly at around 3:00 pm. Headed home. What a blast.

Made one mistake while I was out. Decided to drive through the downtown core. Oops! Forgot that the crashed ice event was on. Downtown was packed. Took a break at a 7-11 and grabbed a coffee to warm up and just watched the throngs of people running around. It was a good day out.

Crashed Ice