TuneECU Question.....

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of trying a re-flash of my ECU myself with a download from tuneECU.com, what with the way my bike has been running after having my local Triumph dealer download the factory TORs download into it. But it looks like tuneECU only has one download for the America in my VIN range with LCD odometer and aftermarket silencers. It is in the "OEM" tunes list of maps for Triumph twins, and not the "custom" tunes section. My question is this: are the "OEM" Triumph tunes on tuneECU the same exact tunes that my dealer uses directly from Triumph? If so, it'd be a waste of time obviously. I always thought the tunes on tuneECU were custom worked up by individuals, but it seems there is definitely what they refer to as "OEM" tunes or maps, and then "custom" ones. If their OEM tunes are indeed the same as the factory uses, then why would I bother? Hopefully someone here can clear this up for me. Especially before I spring for the $25 for the OBDII to USB cable with FTDI chipset.

Thanks guys,

Mike

Well even if the tunes are the same, the $25 may still not be a total waste of money as you can still use TuneECU to monitor and make necessary adjustments of the idle and throttle bodies if needed.

PieMan

Two Stroke
You are correct, the OEM tunes on the TuneECU site are the exact same tunes Triumph dealers use directly from Triumph.

capt

moped
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of trying a re-flash of my ECU myself with a download from tuneECU.com, what with the way my bike has been running after having my local Triumph dealer download the factory TORs download into it. But it looks like tuneECU only has one download for the America in my VIN range with LCD odometer and aftermarket silencers. It is in the "OEM" tunes list of maps for Triumph twins, and not the "custom" tunes section. My question is this: are the "OEM" Triumph tunes on tuneECU the same exact tunes that my dealer uses directly from Triumph? If so, it'd be a waste of time obviously. I always thought the tunes on tuneECU were custom worked up by individuals, but it seems there is definitely what they refer to as "OEM" tunes or maps, and then "custom" ones. If their OEM tunes are indeed the same as the factory uses, then why would I bother? Hopefully someone here can clear this up for me. Especially before I spring for the $25 for the OBDII to USB cable with FTDI chipset.

Thanks guys,

Mike

You could open a map for an older model with tuning done, copy and paste into a map for your bike model?? Then load it into your ecu. Or if that doesn't work do it long hand, open a map copy it to an image file such as Win paint. Then look at the difference's between and change the individual cells values by using up and down buttons ????