Tec rearset pegs

codger

moped
Does anyone have any experience with the TEC rear set pegs? im thinking about changing the pegs the stockers are in a bad location for me being short they just seem like they should be a little further back. i dont want to spend a fortune they dont bother me that much but ive changed everything else why not the pegs. Ive owned lots of sport bikes before the vision started to fail so im used to high rear sets.

rweb

moped
I have no experience with them but they have gotten positive reviews on the other forum. They look good and the price is right.

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I only have experience with the Sato Racing rearsets, which I really like on my modified 2008 Bonneville. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

sato-rearset-left.jpg
sato-rearset-right.jpg

I was looking at NH rear sets, but told the rubber on the pegs wear out real quick

like the looks of the Sato rearsets, may investigate getting them

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
The Sato Racing Rearsets would allow you to mount your stock footpegs if you so desired. There are 2 mounting holes, one higher, one lower. Mine are on the upper ones.

codger

moped
well i purchased a set in the natural aluminum color and installed them last weekend. they fit well and look pretty good shifting is nice braking is ok but they could use a return spring the pegs could use some as well to put them back down once they are folded up. they were a good value for the money and look good with the other Tec parts on my bike. i would give them a thumbs up. if you want rear sets they are worth checking out.

codger

moped
Well here they are. give yourself some time there are no instructions! the you tube video is basicly useless. the levers need to be moved one notch forward on the plate with the shift or brake lever attached to it this provides clearance between the shit linkage and the lever and on the brake side will allow enough travel to activate the rear brake. they could use return springs for the pegs and brake lever but they do work as designed. lube the spindle the brake and sift levers ride on before assembly with a waterproof grease. be sure your brake light activates and resets this may take a little adjusting.

Attachments

• photo10230.jpg
    photo10230.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 7
  • photo10231.jpg
    photo10231.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 7
  • photo10229.jpg
    photo10229.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
I see what you mean about the pegs.. the TEC's are hinged, unlike my SATO RACING pegs which are just solid posts. Did you consider using your stock footpegs instead of the TEC ones... as those do have spring hinges, and rubber covers? Looks good overall.