run/turn up front, run/turn/stop out back

jyatesmp

Scooter
Has anyone figured out how to turn your front "turn only" lights to run/turn and the rear "turn only" to run/turn stop?

I have found the SignalMinder, but they give you run/turn/stop in the front and rear. I don't like the fact that the front lights will do the stop feature. Sounds as if they need to take that back to the drawing board.

jyatesmp

Scooter
the front light does not have a "stop" action. they only are run & turn signal

This is what Kisan said:

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010, <jyatesmp@#####.com> wrote:

I was looking at your signal minder and I have some questions. What I am looking for is more lighting. As of now I have 2 lights on my motorcycle all the tie. Single head light and single tail light/brake light. I want to turn my signal lights to run/turn up front and run/turn/stop in the rear. Can your system do this? I have read it can but when you break all four lights (turn signals) will light up? All the other features are extra to me. I like the flashing brake light and the auto cancel signals, but I do not want to push my turn signal for 1 seconds to do this or 3 seconds to do that. I want to drive with all my signal lights on as running lights. The rear signals act as stop lights when I stop, and the side I turn on to signal to turn on. Will the signal minder do this?

--- On Fri, 10/22/10, Kisan Orders <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Contact from KisanTech.com product: Turn Signal Cancellation motorcycle: 2007 Triumph America
To: jyatesmp@####.com
Date: Friday, October 22, 2010, 8:07 PM

The signal Minder will give you running lights and a bunch of other features if installed. But the brake flash feature will work on ALL 4 off the signals and not just the rear. So if you are OK with that then yes the signal Minder would work for you and do what you are looking for.

Dimple
719-226-0300x12
[email protected]

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM, J Yates <jyatesmp@####.com> wrote:

Brake feature on all 4 signal lights? That’s kind of retarded and sounds like a deal killer to me. I would say, it needs to be reworked or something don't you think. I'm sorry, but that is just a big design flaw. Why would you want/need the front TURN signals to act as brake lights? I like every feature your product officers. Why is it that all four lights will act as brake lights? Can this be corrected? If so how?

Subject: Re: Contact from KisanTech.com product: Turn Signal Cancellation motorcycle: 2007 Triumph America
To: "J Yates" <jyatesmp@####.com>
Date: Friday, October 22, 2010, 8:27 PM

Our signal Minder Controls both right and both left channels not front and left channels so it is not possible to tell the signal minder to only control the front right and front left when our controls are by left and right. On a bike the more lights you can have flashing warning the drivers all around you that you are braking all the better.

Dimple
719-226-0300x12
[email protected]

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM, J Yates <jyatesmp@####.com> wrote:

Sounds to me like you need to separate the brake feature to front and rear....I have never heard of telling someone in front of you are stopping is good...Seems you can control it like this but you won't do that.

To: "J Yates" <jyatesmp@####.com>
Date: Friday, October 22, 2010, 8:27 PM

Since the bike has BOTH front and rear turn signal bulbs connected together, you would have to cut wires, install diodes or run separate wires.

I have never seen anyone facing me come to a stop because the front amber signals lit up. Its' no different than activating 4-Way flash for about 2.5 seconds.

Brake flash feature is programmable to be active or not.

After this I told them they are the company that desined the signal Minder and they should have installed diodes when they found out the brake light feature will work on both the front and rear lights, not the consumer.

jyatesmp

Scooter
I think I finally got this figured out (for me):

For the front: (I will just hard wire this and glue it into my lens...this will act as a amber running light leaving the stock bulb to act as a amber turn signal)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/s...Fspecs/AE.htm

Item: AE60-x15 Amber

Price: $5.95ea -- $11.90 pair

For the rear: (I will glue this into my rear signal lens....the amber will plug into my stock 1165 outlet and I will hard wite the red running and brake lights)

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Radiantz_Dogeye_Cluster_LED_Turn_Signals_Univers_p/3209-38.htm

Item: 3209-38

Price: $69.95 pair

Total Price: $81.65 + shipping

Last edited:

jyatesmp

Scooter
I think I finally got this figured out (for me):

For the front: (I will just hard wire this and glue it into my lens...this will act as a amber running light leaving the stock bulb to act as a amber turn signal)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/s...Fspecs/AE.htm

Item: AE60-x15 Amber

Price: $5.95ea -- $11.90 pair

For the rear: (I will glue this into my rear signal lens....the amber will plug into my stock 1165 outlet and I will hard wite the red running and brake lights)

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Radiantz_Dogeye_Cluster_LED_Turn_Signals_Univers_p/3209-38.htm

Item: 3209-38

Price: $69.95 pair

Total Price: $81.65 + shipping

Well I ordered the lights listed above and just put them on....love them.... hyave a fast blink issue but a new flasher relay from superbrightleds.com should fix that...

I'll post the item number once I order it.

And I need some red lenses for the rear.