Handlebars for Bonneville in comparisons

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Since the size of Bonneville is the same, while riders have different heights and different lengths of arms and legs, the riding position needs to be optimized for everyone. The riding position can be adjusted by the handlebars (with different width, rise, and pullback distances), the step, and the seat.

With Norman Hyde back-step kit installed, I have been trying different handlebars including the factory original. Some of the handlebars are shown in the PICT below.

20130414b.jpg

From the top: Flanders Low Cafe Bar (both sides are slightly cut), newbonneville SuperBar, Triumph factory original, and Norman Hyde Low UK handlebars.

Also, the next PICT shows the differences in width and height when attached to my Bonneville.
20130414c.jpg

From the top: Norman Hyde Low UK Bars, Triumph factory original, Norman Hyde M-bar, Flanders Low Cafe Bars

So far, my favorite handlebar is Norman Hyde M-bar, which seems to be well suite with Norman Hyde back step kit.
20111016.jpg

I hope this will help you to select your handlebars!:wave:

Last edited:
Excellent resource for handlebar mod Roadmambo. I switched to the Flander's for my Bonnevillle. I grew up riding dirt bikes so I enjoy the flatter wider grip and posture.

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Dear YellowThruxgirl-san,
Oh! You own Bonneville together with Thruxton! Nice!

Yes, the handlebar selection depends on the riders preference. I also enjoy the wider and flat handlebars. Sometimes, I am amazed to feel big differences in the position and views after just changing the handlebars.

Brylcreem

Scooter
Great info, been looking at changing my bars and will find this very helpful in the future,like the look of the UK low bars at the moment,
Many thanks for a great post :)

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Dear Brylcreem-san,
Good morning from Japan! and Thank you for the reply. I am glad to know that the info are helpful to you. The Norman Hyde Low UK bars keep the shape of the factory bars but has the lower height by 4cm (compared to the factory one) (60mm vs. 102mm). The additional PICT may help you to have more clear image.

20130414.jpg